sharing the water

Dude? You really said that. Not to funny if you think about it or you hunt in the real ocean. I know you from your posts and you are much smarter than that, even as a joke. It is dangerous out there.
Maybe reconcider please. Be safe, BH

Of course it was a joke. I have seen sharks in feeding frenzies in pictures. They could care less who had the chum, they would eat anybody including the one that tossed it. Sorry if anybody took me seriously. And if you did take me seriously, Please wear a chain mail suit while doing it. Be safe

Last edited:
Just my opinion and speaking of my area only. It looks like history is repeating itself. During the gold rush of 1849, claim jumping was common. The "new" breed of water hunters seems to be following those of the 49'ers. If they see someone digging that looks like the know what they are doing....they are right there. No need for that, there is lots of beach where people were swimming, no need to get in some other hunters face. I have found that a Sea Hunter will keep VLF's a far distance away :lol:

That's because I already got it....

Wow, SW Florida is way better than NW Fla! And from the looks, old drops too! NW Florida has too much replenishment and beach sweeping. Never anything there.

207819_10150526854925635_7807860_n.jpg

250290_10150600566680635_2673163_n.jpg

247008_10150600561960635_8296833_n.jpg

ALL FROM ONE POCKETSPILL!
251778_10150609791675635_2234133_n.jpg

14K Yellow
383165_10151074338495635_1539849506_n.jpg

555873_10151462508935635_875074820_n.jpg

527555_10151477553100635_1356179424_n.jpg

485280_10151534993320635_1551877974_n.jpg

Seriously though, there's still a bunch of good stuff out there.

Inconsiderate people are everywhere....they don't use turn signals, wait to write a check when they get to the check-out counter and are so self absorbed they rarely consider anyone but themselves....it's a sad situation.....most are too stupid to insult and need to be beaten....with limited attention spans they forget even that.....

So true.

when I started my morning at the 7-11 to get my coffee, the guy was buying like 30 lottery tickets,,,,they had to run them one by one, line was at least 10 deep,,,,I know people were mad cause they were on their way to work,,,,on top of it, after all that was done, he bought a scratch off and barely moved out of the way to start scratching,,,,:laughing:

If you think competition between metal detecting enthusiasts is becoming a problem, Try salmon fishing on some of our west coast rivers in the Vancouver region, other anglers will move right in on you and even cast their line over yours to fish the same fish holding pool....In fact, its not uncommon to see the more aggressive anglers engaged in full blown knock em down, drag em out, fist fights :yes:

Hope we don't ever get to that stage.

Not certain that those of us with limited attention span needs beaten.... its called getting old. What you other old hunters thank about that one?:laughing:

OK ..... everyone on the bus Robby's place is loaded.... cause the places i hunt sure aint giving up much. Can you put up a google map for us..... we are half way thur the year and need some more bling.

Dew

man, I tell you, I think I have a local hunter that is following me around,,,,seems to be the one guy I see at several different spots and same times,,,,,today, I showed up at a spot I was working yesterday and he was in the exact same spot I was yesterday, I did want to make another run through it before I hit some of the beach farther down but since he was there, I walked way away from him heading the opposite direction,,,,I noticed he was not digging much and didn't think he would cause I picked it pretty good yesterday,,,,:D he sees me digging targets and walks all the way to me and right up to me where our machines are buzzing and says, "did you pull something up?" I laughed and said a quarter,,,,we chatted a brief minute and he walks about 25 yards or so in front of me and started hunting,,,,,I trotted to him and said, "I really can't believe you saw me digging targets from over there and walked right in front of the line I have been walking for 200 yards,,,,,he nodded and kept detecting,,,I literally hunted directly behind him and didn't see him dig much and picked up the stuff he missed, no gold but a silver bracelet, silver toe ring, and two silver pendants,,,,,,,got some black coins too,,,,I just wish people were more considerate,,,,,,GL HH

I have a small swimming area in my neck of the woods and just started water hunting it saw two fellas the other day searching the water as I searched the beach . It is a public beach and there are no rules that say its all mine . I do however rspect the other hunters and decided not to go in the water while they were there . But I did ask them how they were doing and they responded Lots of pop tops and junk! I said yea I understand! As I was walking away one of them asked if I had hunted it before and I stopped and turned and said nope But I will be back tomorrow to try to find anything they miss and heard a chuckle . Then all of of a sudden one says Oh !!!!! water got in the contol box : he was using a Fisher CZ5 in about 4 ft of water and dropped it! Nuff said!

Back
Top Bottom