Possible Next Machine opinions

luked

right now I have a Tek Omega 8000 that has the V6 software from what I was told when I bought it.
I like the machine and have done pretty well with it but am wanting to move up to something else but keep this machine also.

what are some of your alls opinions on something to move up to.
main things I do is coin shoot but also a possibility of doing some Civil War hunting also

right now I have a Tek Omega 8000 that has the V6 software from what I was told when I bought it.
I like the machine and have done pretty well with it but am wanting to move up to something else but keep this machine also.

what are some of your alls opinions on something to move up to.
main things I do is coin shoot but also a possibility of doing some Civil War hunting also

Price range? Any need for waterproof?

BCD

not really a need for waterproof and price wise I'm pretty open $1500 or so

The Minelab Etrac would be my choice in that price range for land hunting !!! Etrac and CTX 3030 have the best coin ID at depth in my opinion. I would be swinging one right now if I could handle the extra weight. It is not really that heavy but I have RA that limits me. For an able bodied individual the weight probably would not be an issue.

If you want to civil war hunt and coin shoot I would say something like the NOX or DEUS.

The NOX would also let you water hunt.
There are other machines out there but these are two I know and use.

There are a lot of good machines to choose from in your price range. I would consider a waterproof detector as it will give you more places to hunt. But if you are not interested in water dogging, then the XP dues is a great choice for relic hunting. But you can quickly get tied up in expenses if you buy a high frequency coil for different hunting.

Like someone else mentioned, the Minelab Etrac is a great detector that provides a lot of target info. I have a CTX which is very similar to the Etrac but more expensive. It's my favorite detector. Plus it is waterproof which I like for the creeks and rivers. Both are heavy but the CTX is better balanced. If you are strictly relic hunting, there are better options as these two detectors are excellent coin machines.

Garrett AT max is a great coin and relic detector. It has an adjustable iron audio where as the AT pro doesn't. You may have to invest in a different coil for better depth. The AT series are waterproof as well.

Also the Minelab Equinox 800/600 is a nice coin and relic detector. These are very fast detectors and are light weight. The multi-frequency platform makes it a very capable detector. The 800 would be the better choice due to it's advanced settings. The Equinox are waterproof also.

A lot depends on how complex/simple you want in a detector. Both the Garrett AT and Minelab Equinox are pretty simple and quick to learn. There are other good choices in detectors as well and I am sure others will jump in with more suggestions.

If you want to civil war hunt and coin shoot I would say something like the NOX or DEUS.

The NOX would also let you water hunt.
There are other machines out there but these are two I know and use.

Agreed! The XP Deus with High Frequency 9.5 coil is perfect for low conductor relics and sifts through trash better than any machine out.

Not to mention feather light at 2.3 pounds.

It would be my pick.

Back
Top Bottom