Chrome and Ice 2018

trailtwister

Indoor car show sort of a kick off to Flint's Back to the Bricks. These pictures were taken on Friday, 2-9-18 during a snow storm that dumped 9 inches on us.

Venue is the Dort Federal Credit Union (Burton Mi) event center home of the Flint Fire Bird's hockey team of the Ont. Hockey league.

Our Buick would have been there but it has been all winter getting stripped to bare metal and repainted.

Upper deck over looking venua A, there are two venues.

A few were displayed in the upper decks also.

Venue B where the over flow went. there is also only one area in the upper deck to view the floor.

Before I get into the main floor pictures let me make it clear for future summer shows. I do not normally take pictures of Vettes, Camaros, Chevells, Mustangs, and most stuff newer than 1995.

:D Al

These cars come from all over the state of Michigan.

First met this pair last summer at the Casevill Mi cheese burger fest car show. Really want to meet the owner and talk to him about the truck.

Man those are some beautiful cars. If you don't mind my asking , what model Buick are you having painted. My 1st car was a '66 Buick Special. I've been looking for one for a few years and can't find one. I've found a '65 , and a few Skylarks , but those Specials seem to be a little rare.

Every old car started as a project at some point. These next two are above adverage as they do run and are drivable and the rust isn't real great.

Was able to talk to this owner. Said he had just finished putting it back together 3 weeks before the show a 4 year project.

Owner of this one said he had 5 months work in each door getting them to work properly.

A rare NON GTO Pontiac.

I didn't include this next red car because it is one that was painted 26 years ago by the fellow who has been working on our Buick since Oct 2017. Our Buick should be finished now, I plan on calling today.

hawgdog.
Our car is a 1985 Buick LaSabre Limited Collectors edition the last of the rear wheel drive Lasabers.
It is a orginal Michigan car sold by Belford Buick Davison Michigan a dealer bought out twice over today.

It was ordered December 18th 1984 delivered to my future mother in law Feb 2nd 1985 I soon saw it there after and fell in love with the car and married the daughter a few days latter.

Caro Michigan pumpkin fest 2017

First part of Febuary 2018.

AD8JyDO.jpg

aMHA9vv.jpg

fytRGgO.jpg

The hood before.

h6CtK8O.jpg

HFCwzJ7.jpg

GH5N1a1.jpg

Surface rust.

3xftnWK.jpg

a9ojb0a.jpg

Right hand roof quarter mateing area.

132Ep7S.jpg

Keyed at some point and touched up but it has came off during washing over the years.

UUNxSw6.jpg

I'll keep my eyes open for a 66 for you

I'll bet that's a smooth ride. Not sure I've got the time , money , or energy to do a resto on a car , but if the right one popped up , I'd give it a try.

Nice pictures, yes some times you have to just move on and come back because people are standing in front or some place so a good picture is impossible to get.

Most all the ones we attend are on asphalt, just wear your sun screen and drink gallons of water.

Still love them and car people are some really nice people as a whole.

Wow some really beautiful machines came out of Detroit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom