Beach parking

Irons has it nailed. Michigan parking is really expensive and the weather is miserable. Take it from a life long resident. Mud is one of the few brave ones here and note how he referred to the cold water. Florida is the place to be!

Here on Oahu parking is either $1.00 or $2 per hour at meters or if you can find it a free space. Really depends on how close you are to the Waikiki beaches and the downtown resorts. Getting there before sun-up is a plus as you can usually find an open free spot fairly close to the beach.

Irons has it nailed. Michigan parking is really expensive and the weather is miserable. Take it from a life long resident. Mud is one of the few brave ones here and note how he referred to the cold water. Florida is the place to be!

Mud and Irons do a good job of cleaning up the zincolns and pulltabs the snowbirds leave behind.

No you are wrong, it costs a minimum of $75 a day to park anywhere near a Michigan beach and your windows will get broken and they will steal your lunch too. $125 a day if you can actually see the water from your parking spot.

It's just not worth it folks, don't come here! The water is so cold it's slushy in August! The women wear heavy wool suits that cover them from head to toe and there is no good food here either.

Go To Florida!!!
bwhahahahaha..... Ummm, yeah. Listen, I'll pay your parking if you send me some Buscemis pizza, a bucket of Chicken Shack deliciousness, and a dozen cider mill donuts! :yes: :D

Florida is the place to be!
The mitten has more beaches/coastline than any other state. After I moved, Michigan was left with about, um, what? Maybe 5 hunters ...total? :lol:

Meanwhile, Florida beaches be like....

Attachments

• FL.jpg
    FL.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Mitten.jpg
    Mitten.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 52
..Too easy parking a couple streets over and walking. Plus not sure if you saw the news at Jax beach where two NFL players settling a beef ended with one getting sugar in his tank? You pay but not for protection from vandalism:wow:

Crazy. I've had some weird experiences at JAX...
  • Was approached and asked if I wanted to buy drugs
  • My car got sideswiped in the parking lot.
  • Was approached again and asked if I wanted to buy drugs
  • Had a homeowner go nuts because I parked a few blocks away on a street.
  • Was approached a 3rd time and asked if I wanted to buy drugs
  • (2) young ladies said they saw me on the news and offered to buy me a drink for "returning a ring". :yes:
  • Was approached....(you see a pattern yet)
  • As I walked onto the beach, a group of fellas began firing automatics in the air
  • A drunk lady asked me to help find her tooth
  • The following spring I found a tooth with a filling. Ewe, gross
  • Found a live 50mm cannon round
  • Was accosted by another detectorist for hunting "his" beach
  • Car was parked and received a second set of dents
  • Was harassed for leaving holes, then found the guy from NY leaving them
  • drama, drama, drama....always

Is parking still allowed on Daytona Beach? I haven't been there since I was a kid in the 70s and even if you were staying at a beachfront motel, everyone would still drive onto the beach and park.

Is parking still allowed on Daytona Beach? I haven't been there since I was a kid in the 70s and even if you were staying at a beachfront motel, everyone would still drive onto the beach and park.
Pay the toll and you can drive on select areas of the beach. The state also passes out a flyer from the EPA which urges folks to be aware of the consequences of getting your vehicle stuck in the sand/ocean. If it happens, it can hurt the environment and of course there are some hefty fines.

Crazy. I've had some weird experiences at JAX...
  • Was approached and asked if I wanted to buy drugs
  • My car got sideswiped in the parking lot.
  • Was approached again and asked if I wanted to buy drugs
  • Had a homeowner go nuts because I parked a few blocks away on a street.
  • Was approached a 3rd time and asked if I wanted to buy drugs
  • (2) young ladies said they saw me on the news and offered to buy me a drink for "returning a ring". :yes:
  • Was approached....(you see a pattern yet)
  • As I walked onto the beach, a group of fellas began firing automatics in the air
  • A drunk lady asked me to help find her tooth
  • The following spring I found a tooth with a filling. Ewe, gross
  • Found a live 50mm cannon round
  • Was accosted by another detectorist for hunting "his" beach
  • Car was parked and received a second set of dents
  • Was harassed for leaving holes, then found the guy from NY leaving them
  • drama, drama, drama....always
Yeah last experience i just had some drunk lady approaches me and said she lost her wallet and wanted to exchange phone #s in case i find it. I told her if i find it all i need is to see her drivers license and can locate her. She walks off and pulls down her bikini bottom and goes to the bathroom at the walkover. She forgot there is a restroom just over the hill:lol:

Pay the toll and you can drive on select areas of the beach. The state also passes out a flyer from the EPA which urges folks to be aware of the consequences of getting your vehicle stuck in the sand/ocean. If it happens, it can hurt the environment and of course there are some hefty fines.

Thanks, DavidDs. I should have expected that the goobermint would have found a way to make money by it!
I remember that about every day, a group of men would come to the aid of someone stuck in the sand back then. I guess what you are referring to is the permanently stuck needing a tow truck kind of stuck for the fines.

I also remember driving down the beach and camping in the hi dry sand at Padre Is Nat Seashore to the south back in the 80s. Being Texas, I bet you can still do that at least at no charge.

Thanks, DavidDs. I should have expected that the goobermint would have found a way to make money by it!
I remember that about every day, a group of men would come to the aid of someone stuck in the sand back then. I guess what you are referring to is the permanently stuck needing a tow truck kind of stuck for the fines.

I also remember driving down the beach and camping in the hi dry sand at Padre Is Nat Seashore to the south back in the 80s. Being Texas, I bet you can still do that at least at no charge.

I was at Daytona not long ago and the beach was so sandy they only let 4x4s on the beach. Think i found 11 cents that day?:shock::lol:

Mud and Irons do a good job of cleaning up the zincolns and pulltabs the snowbirds leave behind.

I draw their attention to the water and Mud gets us free lunch and beer outta their cars. Works like a charm! . . :pirate:

BAC where are you from? I'm from Methuen...………….where police captains make more than the President :shock::shock:

Templeton. We're north of Worcester just south of the NH border. Small town with very little money for the local .gov and we like it that way.

There is side street parking for free though. I found that out when I was up there a couple of months ago.

I can't get my kids out the door before 10. The only parking open when I get there is a long walk to bathroom. :(

And don't forget to bring a watch to Daytona .. if your late getting back and off the beach before 7 pm and you car is on it ..you just won a free ticket.. yellow in color .... don't ask me how I know

Back
Top Bottom