GOLD at the fairgrounds again!!!!!

frankiefry

Forum Supporter
It rained cats and dogs all morning, but by 4 PM the sun was out and this girl was going digging! To my local (favorite go-to place) fairgrounds I go with the determination to dig everything above foil. With the ground so nice and soft the digging was as easy as it gets and I was finding my fair share of pull-tabs and a few coins. Well, after about 1 1/2 hours of digging without much besides trash and .48 I decided to just go to the end of the 'row' I was working and call it a night. This signal came in like a lighting bolt on my Tesoro, which made me think it would at least be silver. Nope, GOLD baby! I really don't understand that because my first gold ring sounded like a crappy pull-tab. HMMM. Anyway, this beauty weights in at 11.2 grams and I can't see any markings inside, so it's going to the jewely store tomorrow for testing. It's at least 14K and has 4 small diamonds, one in each wing part and a tiny ruby in the head of the butterfly. Oh ya, it was about 4 inches down and when I flipped the plug over all I could see was the gold rim. At first I thought it might be a brass washer or something. Boy, am I glad I decided to go! Thanks for looking and good luck to all on future hunts. : )

Attachments

• 100_1092.JPG
    100_1092.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 2,274
Great find, looks old to me, and very nice that it has some diamonds and a ruby! I look forward to seeing what they tell you at the jewelry store.

And why was I not invited on this adventure!!!???!!! :mad: Very nice find... :sweet: a sure winner for next months jewelry find of the month!!! :wincup: WTG!!!

Back
Top Bottom