Thought I had A Major Breakdown

Silversmith45

Elite Member
I have learned to check my detectors before I leave to go detecting. The other day I grabbed my Garrett 2500 and turned it on to test it. It's an older model that talks to me. It started calling out numbers without me doing anything and it wouldn't read any coin I ran past the loop. Not wanting to take the time to mess with it, I took my Tesoro Sidewinder instead. I tried it again the next day and it was the same. Sidewinder again. I even took along one of my ID Edge detectors just in case. I really wanted to use the 2500 because I was hunting in a junky area and the image view saves me a lot of digging. Things have been tight lately and I don't have the money to send anything in to be fixed. I decided to give it one more try before I took the batteries out and set it in the back of my closet. I turned it on and it was the same. I suddenly remembered about doing a factory reset where you hold the button down when you turn it on until it beeps twice. I tried that and it came back to life. I had to reset all of my custom settings but it was working again. That's something to remember if you have problems with your detector. Try the factory reset first. I'm glad that mine talks to me because some how I must have brushed the on/off switch because it suddenly said POWER IS OFF and shut down. Otherwise I would have been detecting not even knowing that it wasn't even turned on. I need to go back to using a little threshold so that I can tell if it's working. At least now I'm back in business with one of my favorite detectors.

Good feeling when you think it's toast and comes back to life in front of your eyes.

Heck I feel better for you!

Back
Top Bottom