Bought a Tesoro Tiger Shark, any tips?

Turbomunkey

Just got my Etrac yesterday after having sold my AT Pro. The one thing I miss about the AT so far is it was water proof. I hunted a river almost exclusively last year, and the machine in general was a bit more rugged than my Etrac. It was raining cats and dogs yesterday and I simply had to sit out where as with my AT i would have no problem swingin' in the rain.

Anywho, I was poking around and I became aware of the Tiger Shark / Sand shark. Basic machines though well built and fairly priced. I have read almost nothing but positive reviews about the machine so I became a bit interested in it, then I happened upon one at a great price and I figured it made sense to go for it.

Is there any special bit of info I should be aware of about this machine? It seems like they are very straight forward.

I've had my Tigershark for just over 2 years now, great machine. I ran a Tesoro Tejon for about 5 years now so the language of the beep and dig machine on the Tigershark was easy for me. You will have to take it out and use it to learn it. I run mine with the disc between 2 and 3 usually, that gets rid of most iron but still allows the machine to hit small targets. At that setting it will hit on things as small as a single .177 pellet. The concentric coil is much easier to pinpoint with than the AT Pro and the Tiger will ground balance in wet salt sand where the AT Pro won't. Like most Tesoro machines, the Tigershark doesn't loose depth when you raise the discrimination level. Purchase some divers silicone grease and keep the rubber seal clean and lightly greased and you won't have any leaking issues. My Tigershark has the 8 inch coil, it is easier to use in water but it probably won't go as deep as an AT Pro, the 10 inch coil may get a little deeper. It also hits on small gold chains that your E-Trac will probably pass right over. Have fun

Back
Top Bottom