Live And Learn

3.14R8

Elite Member
Well my excalibur broke down yesterday right in the middle of an awesome hunt too (when else would it break down while using it right). Any way I figure it out it's the wire going to the battery, about an inch from the battery I wiggle it an I hear it turn back on and make some popping noises.
OK, I don't want to send it in because summer is just too short in Michigan to wait for repairs no matter how quick they are so instead of doing the smart thing and getting on here and asking a few questions I rip right into it, I take it apart and find where the wire is broken, so I commence to desoldering the wires from their terminals which was going just great until I realized that I was melting the plastic that holds the terminals in place. I didn't realize the terminals unthread and can be removed from the plastic. I stop before too much damage is done (I think). Then after I finish desoldering the wires I cut the bad part of the wires back, that part went just fine but then I cut the sheathing back about an inch more than I needed too. duh! Anyway to make a long story a little less long I got it all back together with no wire length to spare.
I'll be testing it in the morning at an old swimming hole if there isn't thunderstorms. If it leaks it's my own dang fault. Hopefully next time I'll have some patience and ask you guys first!:grin:

Glad to hear! I fixed mine several times similar to that, i made sure to fill the small cavity inside the two black plastic pieces with silicon before i snugged them down, seems to have worked, that was two years ago...

Back
Top Bottom