Just a second

dirt dick

Elite Member
For the last year, I have been trying to get permission at an old 8 room farm house, that was built in the early 1900's or late 1800's
( It has some pretty big lawns)
With several door knocks, and nobody home, Yesterday I knocked again, nobody home, so I left a note in the door, with my name a phone number.
I received a phone call this morning, I talked with the lady of the house and the answer was No, And others have tried; I was polite, and kept trying to sell myself....
and I thanked her and the conversation was just about over,
( good bye/ hanging up) When her husband must have come in the house,
" JUST A SECOND , JUST A SECOND " she said;
Now I, start a new conversation with the man of the house, as he is hoping, to find a property line stake, I said I would be more than willing to help locate it.
(KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED THAT HE CHANGES HIS MIND OR GIVES ME A CHANCE)
So making more conversation, telling him who I am, where I'm from, and live...
and my relations==( my step -dad.) "Oh ! I know him!
Well come on up anytime!! You look around all you want !
It has some pretty big lawns so I might have to tell him that it may take several attempts.....?
Now I can hardly contain myself......Just hope that nobody else did actually hunt this property, I will try to post pictures later, for those that like pictures of
old houses, this is your classic Mid-west farm house, unique in my opinion,
and of course if I find some good old coins !

Better go get a lottery ticket luck is on your side at the moment get all you can out of it while it lasts. Good luck on the search.

I myself have come across the same situation. A women alone in a house with a strange man wondering around in her yard. With no one else around.
Can't blame them as there a lot and I mean a lot of crazy's around these days. If a women answers a door knock I most all way mark it as a no.

Glad you got in!

Like the point you brought out, ask if anyone ever hunted there before.
Even if it was, a novice may have been nice enough to remove a lot of metal which was masking the good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom