first outings with the etrac, nice wheat harvest

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hello everyone hope all is well. My etrac came in yesterday and I was able to get a half hour in before dark. Hit a schoolyard that has been heavily hunted by myself and others. Ground was still frozen so I went in the woods behind it. First coin with the etrac was a 1946 D wheat. Only coin found but only dug two plugs. The other plug contained a brass lock plate. Today I hit a baseball field for about two hours. I slammed this spot with my explorer and 15" coil. I was surprised how much turned up in the same areas I've been over numerous times. I was using the stock minelab coin program. An injun, buffalo and nine wheats later I had to call it quits but it felt so good to pop some plugs again. Beautiful weather today in Mass. Im not sure where the silver was hiding but I'm hoping I got the silver skunk only because I didn't get my coil over them. I remember wheats sounded real similar to silver with the explorer (deep ones anyway). I'm guessing the same goes for the etrac? I know the numbers are different but I've always hunted by sound first my whole career. The only time I really look at the screen is depth checks and to maybe tweak settings. The buff is a 1936 and the injun is 1902. Anywho thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20160220_133228.jpg
    20160220_133228.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 20160220_133241.jpg
    20160220_133241.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 20160220_133300.jpg
    20160220_133300.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 20160220_133308.jpg
    20160220_133308.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 20160220_133315.jpg
    20160220_133315.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 20160220_133334.jpg
    20160220_133334.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 230
Congrats on the successful initial run! With all those oldies, if there had been a silver under your coil, you would have gotten it! I see a lot of silver in your future!

Great first spin! Seems like you will be right at home with that one.

I bet you're happy with your new detector. You got yourself a nice bunch of old coins. Big Congrats.

beephead

Congrats on the successful initial run! With all those oldies, if there had been a silver under your coil, you would have gotten it! I see a lot of silver in your future!
Thank you Jason , im hoping the stock coin program didn't have anything to do with it. HH
The etrac loves silver. But there is no doubt it loves copper too.
I don't mind digging wheats, I must have pulled close to a hundred out of here, to only 6-7 silvers. Not too trashy either. Thanks for looking!
Great first spin! Seems like you will be right at home with that one.
Thank you! I thing me and the etrac will get along just fine :yes: HH!
I bet you're happy with your new detector. You got yourself a nice bunch of old coins. Big Congrats.

beephead

Thanks beep , So happy with this machine. It just feels right :D Happy Hunting :cool:

Thank you Jason , im hoping the stock coin program didn't have anything to do with it. HH

No, you will still hit solid on most silver with the stock pattern. There are some on the edge of detecting depth, and those mixed with iron that you can't see right now, but don't try to run before you walk. Spend some time and get used to the responses and performance for a little while first. Opening up the pattern can get you a few more silvers but it will also get you more junk.

You had a damn good machine before your E-Trac, Jeff, but I think you will continue to have success, because of you, the hunter...not the machine!

Good luck!!
Congrats on your oldies! I'm sure it felt great to be hunting again!

HH,
Dan

Nice hunting Cellr! Nothing like taking the new dog for a walk!;) I had the distinct DISADVANTAGE of taking the Explorer2 out last summer for the maiden voyage, having had NO FBS experience. I didn't have as good a hunt,needless to say...good to know your transition started well!

Etrac shopping

First off I would like to say great finds for a first time out.. Could I ask you a few questions about your new detector? I myself have been shopping for a new detector and I have been leaning toward the etrac. i am gong to pull the trigger soon as I want a new detector for the spring. By the looks of your finds maybe you have used a machine like this or have practice on an etrac. I am worried about the learning curve as I am currently running the ATpro for land and an excal for water. Anyway here are my questions..

Is your detector new or used?
Did you get it from a forum dealer?
Was it a package deal? or just single machine.

Thanks for your time and happy hunting and good luck with your new toy..

jim

Congrats on the new machine! Nice finds too!
Thank you!
No, you will still hit solid on most silver with the stock pattern. There are some on the edge of detecting depth, and those mixed with iron that you can't see right now, but don't try to run before you walk. Spend some time and get used to the responses and performance for a little while first. Opening up the pattern can get you a few more silvers but it will also get you more junk.
Good to know! I remember with the explorer , silver and deep wheats sounded very similar.
Congrats on the new E trac and some nice oldies first time out! You must be very excited about the upcoming season.
Thanks Ron! Very excited, we need to meet up for a hunt!
Very nice finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks bud!
You had a damn good machine before your E-Trac, Jeff, but I think you will continue to have success, because of you, the hunter...not the machine!

Good luck!!
Congrats on your oldies! I'm sure it felt great to be hunting again!

HH,
Dan
Thanks for the kind words Dan! The explorer will always have a special spot in my heart :lol:
Nice hunting Cellr! Nothing like taking the new dog for a walk!;) I had the distinct DISADVANTAGE of taking the Explorer2 out last summer for the maiden voyage, having had NO FBS experience. I didn't have as good a hunt,needless to say...good to know your transition started well!
Thanks IDX I had half a season experience with fbs sothe transition wasn't too bad. Silver would have been nicebut to go over the same spots I've been pounding for a couple season's and seeing how much imissed gives me hope HH#
First off I would like to say great finds for a first time out.. Could I ask you a few questions about your new detector? I myself have been shopping for a new detector and I have been leaning toward the etrac. i am gong to pull the trigger soon as I want a new detector for the spring. By the looks of your finds maybe you have used a machine like this or have practice on an etrac. I am worried about the learning curve as I am currently running the ATpro for land and an excal for water. Anyway here are my questions..

Is your detector new or used?
Did you get it from a forum dealer?
Was it a package deal? or just single machine.

Thanks for your time and happy hunting and good luck with your new toy..

jim
Hey Jim thanks for the reply , I bought the etrac from a forum sponsor used and it came with one year warranty and the 6x8 sef coil...all for under 1,000$. You can definitely find good deals on used etrac.Last season I started with the at pro and then purchased an explorer se pro. The transition was tough at first but only took a week or two to learn. Of you have any other questions I'm happy to give you whatever advice I might have HH!
Welcome to the Etrac club buddy and I can tell you are going to do great with it. Congrats on the finds and glad you could do some digging.
Thanks Jason this machine is a beast for sure felt good to get out!
Grats on your new toy
Thanks bud!

Back
Top Bottom