Toasted coin any ideas?

gscott12250

Elite Member
ff345916e73f37b4f24ee383cfab0e87.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

There is really nothing here to look at. I wish I knew.it is larger than a quarter and I think I can see the word liberty on it or that is my imagination putting things were they aren't. This kills me any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Take better, closeup pics of it (both sides) If your camera struggles with that try using a bright flashlight or CFL desklamp to bring out the details. Forget who posted pics using that tip but it really makes the outlines pop.

I see enough detail that you can probably ID that.. Idk what it is though. Other side will help.

If upside down, it could be a right facing bust of some sort...

Other side has little detail I will post pics later.Thanks

I stand corrected, I agree with Iron Patch, you can see enough of Britannia and the possible ET LIB. Great eye Iron Patch!

Last edited:
I didn't realize this was the side with the bust on it.

It's a Connecticut or Vermont copper.

Attachments

• 48aa.jpg
    48aa.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 431
Hard to say but notice the rim isn't uniform. Both my LCs the rim is smooth and exact,but they're not completely torn up either. Whatever it is,it's a great old copper and a VERY good find! What machine found it and what VDI?

1787 connecticut copper Coburn by a colonial coin expert.thanks for the direction to all

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom