XP Deus VISUALIZATION XY mode

YoungPatriot

For you other Deus owners: Have you used the VISUALIZATION XY mode while hunting? I've begun to use it a lot, and it is kind of cool to see a graph of what the machine is seeing.

Anyone else?

Patriot,

I used that screen a lot on the V3i. It is great to tell bottle caps and junk from good stuff. The problem is that it only works at relatively shallow depths.

I tried it on the Deus a few times and found that it works great on the first 5 inches of dirt. After that, it starts to degrade very fast.

I intend to revisit it later when I start hunting for gold in places like Riverside park where the pulltabs are ferocious. With the V3i, there was a guy who claimed to be able to tell gold from other mid tone targets using that screen. I believe he was challenged once and he won. I never did learn what the secret was though.

BTW, how did you learn how to use it? I knew how to use it from my time with the White's V3i.

BTW, how did you learn how to use it? I knew how to use it from my time with the White's V3i.

I came across a Youtube video that showed what coins vs junk targets looked like in air tests. I tried xy mode and now it is my hands down favorite way to hunt. It is pretty easy to distinguish a bottle cap from a real coin, and even though the audio can give you that info also, the xy makes it pretty clear. Give it a try, you'll like it, especially at those old, trashy parks.

But I will say that if you're not listening carefully, it can still mislead you. Wish I could say it was a grand find, but I did find a quarter adjacent to some junk, and the purely visual representation would have made you go right past it. I wasn't seeing a long straight line next to or through the rectangular junk, just junk!

I suppose the greatest value is for those who are more visually oriented. It truly can show you an image that helps you learn to distinguish one sound from another, particularly if they are similar in many respects. Of course, anyone can build themselves a decent test garden and learn that way, too. Just another cool tool in the arsenal.

Amazing machine in trash and iron is it not??

That it is. Coming from a very good machine (etrac) to the Deus, I've found that there are many places I can hunt successfully that I would have given up as too trashy before. To me, hunting in a site littered with bottle caps and bits of iron isn't too much fun, but at least with the Deus I can still find real targets.

I suppose the greatest value is for those who are more visually oriented. It truly can show you an image that helps you learn to distinguish one sound from another, particularly if they are similar in many respects. Of course, anyone can build themselves a decent test garden and learn that way, too. Just another cool tool in the arsenal.

Hopefully you didn't take my prior post as a criticism! In fact, I was using this screen exactly as you commented -- as a way to better learn and understand the tone(s). That's how/when I realized that the visuals could mislead, too, if you weren't listening as well. What I saw was bottlecap, and not what I'd call "a bottlecap and a with a big straight line", but I could hear the good tone.

I'm still struggling to get the most out of this machine. I see lots of experienced veterans having great success with it, so I'm assuming that it is the user that needs to do a lot more work! :)

Take care, and HH!
Rich

Im the one who made the video of the xy screen and I am glad to see that it is helping people out. I love the xy screen and I pray that it is still available in version 3.

Im the one who made the video of the xy screen and I am glad to see that it is helping people out. I love the xy screen and I pray that it is still available in version 3.

Nice video indeed. Thankfully the XY screen is still available in V3. I haven't used it yet in the field but I am primarily a jewelry hunter so it may well become my go-to screen. I guess I could try it later but does anyone know if you can save an XY program? Would be extremely useful to just bump on over to XY with one push of a button.

I ran into a guy using a XP Deus in the dry sand here just the other day. We stopped and chatted and he let me get close up look and feel for the unit. Man is that thing lite!! Nice small headphones and all wireless. He told me how you can run it with the cell phone sized control or just the headphones. Pretty slick! Seemed to work well in the dry but I am not sure how it would do in the wet, hardpack salt sand?

I am not lucky enough to live near a beach but the Deus has both wet and dry sand modes. Some use it in the surf with the controller in a waterproof bag around neck or just headphones only. You would need to run a small wire from near the coil to up and near you chest but they say it works great. So far, coming from an Etrac, no complaints from me.

I havent tried the xy screen yet but my understanding is that on V3 that it also shows a vdi nimber in the upper right of the screen. I plan to give it a try soon.

It’s interesting; sort of a visual extension of the sounds and the numbers. I’ve played around with the xy screen doing some air tests but haven’t hunted with it yet. Not sure if it’s going to add anything to the information conveyed by the audio, but you never know.

I hunted yesterday in program 1 on the XY screen. Very interesting. It's pretty cool how it shows you the nuances that you normally listen for. The better a signal is, the more straight the line. Bottle caps are all over the place in XY. I am betting the Silencer is set off of how erratic the XY screen is. Higher variation on XY is cut off by higher Silencer maybe? I can see setting up a heavy trash program with XY being very helpful.

I just love my Deus and even more with version 3 its fantastic tho I dont use that crazy screen no need for me but everyone has their nitch..thats not mine

ive been using it for a while on my v3i great tool and now that i just picked up the deus gota learn that as well both are just wonderful machines and alot of fun to use

I just got a Deus,and have never used that screen? I can tell you it will sniff out the coins in the trash,and has so many features,there's a learning curve with it,unless you run in basic modes. For the first time I can hunt without any pain in my sholder for hours. It's a amazing machine!:dingding:

Back
Top Bottom