I FINALLY broke into the 1700's !!!!!!!!!! wooHOOOOOOO

Awesome find! Gives me hope that he continued traveling up to Michigan so I can find one!! ;) What did it ring up as on the display and depth? It appears you have the no period version... although it could be really worn and we just can't see it, but there were 2 versions of the coin. One with a period after the GEORGIVS and one without a period. The no period will be slightly more valued... I would think yours to be in VG condition and atleast $75 value. :gettinmoney: But a 1700s coin has WAY more personal value than that I would think!!! Cherish that relic!!! :thumbsup:

Several people now on several forums have told me it is a Virginia half penny, thanks for the help!.....I can't believe I found this in Ohio....Ohio wasn't even founded till 1803

Yes, but many VA militia soldiers traveled into the OH Valley during the Seven Years War and American Revolution

Nice find

Ohio may not have been founded till the early 1800's, but people still settled there in the 1700's. Just like any town that was incorporated at a certain date. It might have been incorporated, but people still settled the area before that. Awesome find, I'm so jealous.

Oh wow!! That's a beauty! Definatly posted in the right area too, because my eyes sure popped. Man, I love seeing stuff like this; you've got a Revolutionary war date there and I'd be surprised if some soldier hadn't held that at some point... Big congrats! :congras:

Wow, I wish that mine was as nice as that one!! Check out my album to see how lucky you are to have one in that good of condition! HH
NC

Back
Top Bottom