Had to share this story

rhanki01

So i went out sat with a buddy of mine and hit the lake where ive been finding all my silver rings. We got skunked, dug for four hours no keepers but around 6 bucks in clad. Then i went to my grandmothers house for her Christmas over the weekend bc they said it prob will be her last. So when i was a kid my grandfather used to sit down in the living room watching football and flipping a coin in his fingers. My dad has been after this coin since he was a kid. So i show her some of my finds then she says i have something for you and hands me these.
f7aefc8bc205aea2cd159954aa918240.jpg
1e2735f3e1faa297295743f4e3cfe719.jpg
the peace coin is the one i always saw him flipping. Had a son in November so she also got me these
3d6dc91477fa2f4661f3dfcf6cacf6a1.jpg
d481b33fb806cd7d1119d2805a5fd7f1.jpg
All i had to say was perfect Christmas. HH everyone.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

nice christmas presents from grandma for sure!! She maybe my grandma also,,i may have to stop over..:cool:

You are blessed with a gift that's worth more than anything you can dig out of the ground. Share the joy with your Dad, and save the coins for your son. Write the story so he knows where they come from. So few of us have something tangible that we can offer the next generation to keep the past in their thoughts.

Your experience is a story of Christmas sharing and love.
Merry Christmas
God Bless.

When my brother and sisters were born, my grand father gave us each a peace dollar. At some point, I think when I was 10 or 12, my parents let me have the coin. That was over 40 years ago and it's one of the few things I still have from my youth. And it will get passed on to one of my kids or grand kids.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

When my brother and sisters were born, my grand father gave us each a peace dollar. At some point, I think when I was 10 or 12, my parents let me have the coin. That was over 40 years ago and it's one of the few things I still have from my youth. And it will get passed on to one of my kids or grand kids.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Awesome!

When my Grandfather passed away I was in Rota Spain getting ready to get underway for a two month deployment. Once I got back to the states my wife and I went to visit my grandmother. She asked me if there was anything of MY Grandfathers that I wanted. I told her that there was a lot of things that I wanted but I had no place to keep them I then told her that I would love to have my Grandfathers Shotgun. She then told me "I will not give it to you but I will sell it to you." My heart sank. She then asked me if I had ten dollars. She said I have to sell it to you in order to keep peace in the family I had the ten dollars and I have had the shotgun for many years. It is still one of my most prized possessions

It is great that you received one of your Grandfathers Prized items.

You should pass it on to your dad for his remaining years, many I hope...

Great story!!

<°)))>{
Tried to pass it on to my pops this weekend. Then he told me to hold onto them and handed me these.
1a81d6fe0ab8db5d3411a2219d46fa53.jpg
9a466ada669a6c84e4671a722d8946f5.jpg
65dbbf9bedb6934c8210a19ac593a3a1.jpg
c804217e7a68ffc523b8d5ecc091a016.jpg

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom