AT Pro Coil Wire Short?

Nazran

Still very new to metal detecting.... I have a 4 or 5 month AT Pro I took to park today. Took it out, turned it on, ground balanced, and then it started going nuts. I put the coil on the ground and the numbers and tones were rapid fire. 2 to 3 signals a second. Turned it off, took the batteries out, turned back on and still with the crazy tones. Uncoiled the coil wire and re-wrapped it. Did not work. I then wrapped the coil under the shaft on the first wrap and it stopped. I tried moving the wire around and no more weird tones. Did not have time to re-wrap over the shaft, will try when I get home.

Any thoughts?

Is it possible the connector was just a little loose where it screws into the control head? you have to jiggle it as you push it in to make sure it is seated all the way before screwing the cap on.

Sometimes it just external electrical interference that causes what you described...mine does that in certain areas, 50 feet away and its just fine.......

Also, that little plug is a real bugger to get seated just right, a guy has to push and wiggle and tighten slowly and a little at a time...I run my coil cable straight up the side of the shaft, and if theres any extra length, I make a little loop right up by the brain box so that the wire is going straight into the fitting there....

I bet you experienced just some external electrical interference...
Mud

Back
Top Bottom