Time for New coil?

DiggerNE

Today I whent out to a park I've been to a few times this past month. I know I didn't clean it out as there are more area to still go over. For some reason today my minelab 505 was not working they way it normally does. I messed with the settings slowly and tried turning it off and on. Didn't work. I found tons of clad here and gold and a buff and wheats. The only thing I dug today was a dime at 2 inches. I was here for 3 hours. I even tried to go back to the areas I already tried. I then tried to air test and 1 out of 5 passes for any coin 2 inches away with sensitivity at 14. The detector is just over a year old. I have New batteries and can't figure this phone out. Any help will be great.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Try a factory reset first! Often it will straighten out cumulative errors.

Start with the detector off.
While pressing and holding Menu (the chevron button), turn the detector on, by pressing Power once.
During the start up sequence, release
Menu Button.
After the start up sequence, the factory preset message (
FP), will appear for 3 seconds to indicate that Sensitivity, Ground Balance, Noise Cancel, Threshold, Volume and Tones have returned to the preset values.

Thank you for the info. I'll try it today

This has worked. I also sent minelab a email and they said the same thing along with a video guide for the next time I go out hunting. After one year turns out I'm back to the learning the machine to its fullest potential.

This has worked.
:waytogo: Glad that you're back in business!

Another thing that will help you out (if you haven't already), is to download Randy Horton's FREE e-book "Understanding Your Xterra". It is worth it's weight in gold, and it's FREE!

I have the stock coil. I when out today and ran it mostly the same way but turned the threshold down from my normal 13 to 9. And BOOM, out came the nickles. I've never could seem to find them. Also no pull tabs. I would dig those more often then even pennies. Thank you for the info.

Back
Top Bottom