This weekend's bits and bobs.

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello all.

I finally decided to brave the elements on Saturday afternoon after a wet and windy night. The wind was still very strong and gusty but the cloud had thinned somewhat so I retuned to a local, well rotted and waterlogged, stubble field. Progress was slower walking down the field due to the invisible force and the air was whistling around my headphones. I wonder if Garrett make those fluffy covers for headphones like as used on microphones...
I braved about two invigorating hours before calling it a day.

Sunday was a better day, being drier and less windy. A few from our detecting club got together for our first club dig of the year. The pasture has just been grazed by sheep so was ideal for working on those deeper signals. We were in an area that was mined for copper and tin during the mid to late 1800's, so there is a lot of ground disturbance. On the plus side, we were close to some old houses and a pub! We managed about 5 hours before a sub-concious calling meant we all congregated back by the pub. A pint, a sandwich and a good chat finished the day perfectly. The finds were light as expected but quite a few Pennies and Ha'pennies were recovered along with other Victorian bits and bobs. The oldest find was a bit of bronze cooking pot leg, probably 1500-1600. My best finds were a lead figure and part of a General Service belt buckle.

The first two pics are Saturday's finds, the rest are from Sunday.

Many thanks,

b.

Attachments

• rsz_dscf4912.jpg
    rsz_dscf4912.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 229
  • rsz_dscf4913.jpg
    rsz_dscf4913.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 210
  • rsz_dscf4914.jpg
    rsz_dscf4914.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 206
  • rsz_dscf4915.jpg
    rsz_dscf4915.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 209
  • rsz_dscf4910.jpg
    rsz_dscf4910.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 210
  • rsz_dscf4911.jpg
    rsz_dscf4911.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 209
Nice Going! You found some really super nice finds and had a great time with your friends. Except for the cold wet weather it doesn't get any better than that.

beephead

Nice Going! You found some really super nice finds and had a great time with your friends. Except for the cold wet weather it doesn't get any better than that.

beephead

Thank you, I think we all enjoyed the event and were not about to let a bit of damp and wind spoil things. It was our first dig since the end of Summer! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom