Man, I got sick.

DarkPrognosis

I called my mother yesterday, who lives down the street, only to find out she is sick as a dog with 101.6 temps, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.. I called her to let her now I was weak, light headed, hurt all over, and couldn't sleep because my heart was pounding out of my chest. and I had 102 fever. :/

I broke my fever (I checked it an hour ago and it is down to 98.4) and I need to go out in 30 mins but will return and sleep for as long as can as I think I am about to get diarrhea. I am pretty much over the worst of it (24 hours) but if I don't keep at it I will rebound.

My mother is 69 and I do hope she gets over it but what ever it is/was is a mean virus indeed and her age means she will probably be sicker for longer. :(

It ruined Christmas Eve dinner we were going to have today as it has been postponed so hopefully none of you get it.

Merry Christmas to everyone and stay safe and well.

I called my mother yesterday, who lives down the street, only to find out she is sick as a dog with 101.6 temps, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.. I called her to let her now I was weak, light headed, hurt all over, and couldn't sleep because my heart was pounding out of my chest. and I had 102 fever. :/

I broke my fever (I checked it an hour ago and it is down to 98.4) and I need to go out in 30 mins but will return and sleep for as long as can as I think I am about to get diarrhea. I am pretty much over the worst of it (24 hours) but if I don't keep at it I will rebound.

My mother is 69 and I do hope she gets over it but what ever it is/was is a mean virus indeed and her age means she will probably be sicker for longer. :(

It ruined Christmas Eve dinner we were going to have today as it has been postponed so hopefully none of you get it.

Merry Christmas to everyone and stay safe and well.

Sorry about all of that.
Did either one of you happen to get a flu shot this year?

Sorry about all of that.
Did either one of you happen to get a flu shot this year?

No, because when my grandmother used to get one she always got the flu so none of us get one.

I don't think this is the flu as it hit us simultaneously but for me (too early to call my mother to see how she is doing) I am pretty much over it (still a bit tired and a little queasy but at least this morning I ate) and most times the flu (been a very long time since I had the flu) lasted for days with a fever for about 2 or 3 of them and that was when I was much younger.

Christmas is not just a day, but a time for our family and heart, so delaying it is no big deal. A Royal Wish of good health for you and your mother, and just think, when the rest of us are eating leftovers, you will have a Royal Feast! :lol::lol:

Best wishes for a great Christmas for you and your family, no matter when you have it!

I think my mom is still sick and I am over the worst of it.

I can only think that the reason I beat it so fast is because of my vitamin and herbal supplement regime that saved me because this is the shortest time I ever had that high of a fever or virus. Whatever it was I beat it but I am battle weary today as I am tired and feel a little queasy but that is about it.

Thanks to everyone and their kind thoughts for us both.

I hope you ll feel better soon, those fever dreams can be strange sometimes...

You telling me? I had at least 50 dreams I could remember and I am still not sleeping as well as I should as I sleep and within 15 minutes I awake and remember my dream.

Nothing like being sick on Christmas! I remember one year in junior high I had been well all school year till Christmas and woke Christmas MORNING with the FLU! Was to be OFF school for 2 weeks -- I got an EXTRA week but it wasn't a GOOD week! :no: Hope you and your mom get well soon and hope you feel better tomorrow so you can enjoy Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Glad your on the mend, You need to try a flu shot, I get one every year and they never made me sick.

Well, my mom got better too and we had our Christmas dinner 4 hours later than normal but everything went well. Neither of us dared to over indulge and both of us still feel queasy so not quite the same but good enough for my nephew to have his Christmas on Christmas eve (my family goes away to where my Grandmother is buried, to visit her grave, every year as Christmas day would have been her 101 birthday).

Thanks to everyone. :)

P.S. Rather-B-Huntin: So, you got it too? If it is the same one my mom and I got (the other 3 in the family didn't get it) it seems to be a 24-48 hour virus so here is hoping you burn through it before tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom