It Was A Scary Night -- Tornado Threats -- But. . .

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
I came through it unscathed (sp) other than my "nerves". :shock: Lost only one big branch that just missed the house. Others didn't fair too well. No tornadoes that I KNOW of were reported in my immediate area (other counties north of me had a couple reported). I don't know of any reports of injury. There was property damage. A friend of mine south of me had a branch to break her kitchen window.

It's a definite sigh of relief this morning. Here's a picture of the branch that came down in my yard near my patio! It doesn't look that big but it's too big for me to pick up and move. It could have done some damage if it had contacted a window! Thank God I'm okay!

And this is called winter (first day of winter yesterday)! Strange! Weird!

Attachments

• Branch From Storm.JPG
    Branch From Storm.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 126
SO happy to hear that you survived the storm. Now you can relax and take a nap later to make up for the lost sleep. : )

Yeah and then later I'm gonna try and go out detecting! :p It'll be MUDDY but I have to have my "fix" ya' know! :laughing:

Very glad you came through safe!

Small chainsaw: cut to 16" pieces, stack and season for 2 years = nice firewood :)

Yeah if I had a working fireplace! So out to the road it went this morning. My neighbor may take it -- he has a fireplace (stove like thing).

Still in the upper 50's today -- dropping to mid-40's tomorrow (no rain tomorrow either) so I may have a chance to get out again Monday.

Lucky you, getting to go MDing. I hope you find something cool/good! : )

Nothing cool but Wednesday's and today's total coin take was: Clad - $2.05; Copper - .02 and Spendable Zinc - .07 (Total: $2.14).

I did find one of those plastic rings you get on cupcakes (eyeball find) -- Santa Claus! :laughing: (Well, it was appropriate for the season!)

It tried to sprinkle while I was out detecting today but nothing I couldn't handle. Not supposed to be raining tomorrow so I may get out again tomorrow MAYBE! Only going to be in the mid-40's they said. We'll see. :yes:

Scaring up here in southern Kentucky last night too, Penny. I was watching everything down in Tennessee... our youngest daughter and her family live between Mount Juliet and Lebanon. We had a few trees down here in our county and some outbuilding damage, but all in all we fared well. Seems we have this kind of weather every year in December or January. I like the mild temps though. Good luck on your WINTER? hunts.

Scaring up here in southern Kentucky last night too, Penny. I was watching everything down in Tennessee... our youngest daughter and her family live between Mount Juliet and Lebanon. We had a few trees down here in our county and some outbuilding damage, but all in all we fared well. Seems we have this kind of weather every year in December or January. I like the mild temps though. Good luck on your WINTER? hunts.

Glad you faired well too. I know where your daughter lives (I'm about 84 miles SW of Nashville). Hope she and her family came out okay.

I was a bundle of nerves last night with the bad weather but enjoyed getting out today to hunt a little. I found $1.35 (Clad) today and a few pennies. Not too many more days this month (and year) so I hope to get to hunt a few more times before the new year.

Back
Top Bottom