First Beach Bling!

KirkS

Just got home (1am), and I'm pretty stoked. I don't think it's real, but I don't care! It looks like a recent drop, and it's still in nice shape.

The coolest part is that it was found in the wet salt sand...

And even cooler is that it was found using a Tesoro Compadre! :shock:

Along with the bling, I also found a penny and a tiny piece of iron (I think), all in the wet sand. The rest of the beach gave up about $2.50 +/- of clad, and I think I also found my first bit of silver, in the form of a kid's retainer (isn't the metal part silver?). Surprisingly, very few pull tabs, and only three bottle caps, but there was plenty of junk overall.

As for the Compadre, I saw a couple of videos of folks using it in water, and one video of someone using it on a salt beach in the Carolinas, so I wanted to try it myself. I had the disc set to just a hair below foil, and it didn't chatter at all. Any lower, and it would chatter. I had 2 false signals, which I found to be acceptable. I was really shocked that it performed so well!

And without further ado, here is my first Beach Bling! (Please forgive the crappy phone pic)

Attachments

• beach bling.jpg
    beach bling.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 238
Congrats! Real or not, it is always nice to find "something", especially during the winter months when some beaches turn into ice bergs

Back
Top Bottom