What a difference a day makes...

WaterWalker

Yesterday calm waters, 54 degrees a wonderful day detecting...today waiting for the biggest Blizzard in many years to hit. Boston ares shores are BAD, storm heading to the Cape. The temp is 41 with light winds on the Cape, 29 in Boston with 25mph winds. Power outage in the forecast. Summer yesterday, Winter today!
Schools closed, Work from Home is possible...time to go for another latte...

Good Luck and Stay Safe! No snow here just high winds..Amazing is the water temp, last year it was in the mid 30's, this year low to mid 40's..

Attachments

• OBN0003.jpg
    OBN0003.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 315
storm update - leaving the Cape

The CCODDER sweating? he told me just before leaving this morning he was thinking about his 5mm wet suit. Sure hope he pulled up something nice.

It is now 10:40pm, the storm has been here for 9 hours. Left us without power for about 5 hours. 84% of Cape Cod was without power at one time, down to 55 % now. Snow has gone, winds remain creating drifts from the 15 inches that fell. We can thank Mother Nature. I sure hope she took some sand wherever she goes. It is -2 with the wind chill. I just don't think I will get into the ocean tomorrow. Come on back summer.

Yeah I may put on the wetsuit? But I think our water is still like 72 or 74 degrees?

Itsaring

Larry is that the 5 mil wet suit with the Kevlar in it for the sharks, or a jelly fish guard, howboutit :laughing: cause with those water temps., you sure don't need 5, or even 3 mil :darnconfused:

Larry is that the 5 mil wet suit with the Kevlar in it for the sharks, or a jelly fish guard, howboutit :laughing: cause with those water temps., you sure don't need 5, or even 3 mil :darnconfused:

:lol: I cut the sleeves off mine in case I got to wrestle with one of those toothy beasts:lol: But all joking aside, im okay in real cold water til it touches my tummy:laughing:

I always felt safe when CCODDER was in his wet suit; he looked so much like a seal, the toothy's favorite meal here just off the Cape.

What is this 74 degree water? Cape Cod current water temperature is: 38°F and it is just getting cool! Bring your warmest and lets have a fun day at the beach. I have even been in salt water that was the consistency of a 7-11 Slushie.

NOT TODAY STILL 12 FEELING LIKE -6. It will be tough enough to clear the driveway...

photo from: [urlhttp://www.capecod.com/community/10-favorite-cape-locations-for-winter-photos/nggallery/image/sk_10-favorite-cape-locations-for-winter-photos_2-7-9/[/url]

Attachments

• SK_10-Favorite-Cape-Locations-For-Winter-Photos_2.7-9.jpg
    SK_10-Favorite-Cape-Locations-For-Winter-Photos_2.7-9.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 182
Brrrr

I remember those days when you wore a wet suit in those conditions it took about an hour to get dressed and there was still pain from the cold water best part was coffee at buckies afterwards , todays hunt was 3 hr water bathing suit and rashguard 4 thumbs down and some clad not bad for this time of year stay warm . Ccodder

Stange you guys mention your water is warmer than last year, same down here. It never got as cold as last year. I wonder if starting out at warmer temps will make for a busier than average hurricane season in 2017?

During such times as these (I'm originally from northern New England) they have a saying here where I now live. Its: "Lucky we live Hawaii"

We had our own problems last weekend with high winds and power outages (esp. during the Super Bowl, that totally suxed) and more storms continuing this week as well.

Stay safe and toasty, Summer is comming... sooner or later

I was out on at Cocoa beach yesterday and it was hot the entire 6 hour hunt. One gold cross no chain one watch working fine, and a 100 Anniversary Harley Davidson necklace with a silver chain. Water was nice and cool.

Stange you guys mention your water is warmer than last year, same down here. It never got as cold as last year. I wonder if starting out at warmer temps will make for a busier than average hurricane season in 2017?

That's what i'm scared of. I don't ever want to see another storm like the last one:(

Whre I am we are overdue, typically get hit every 10 years +/- and it has been 14 years now. Maybe THAT would move some sand out...

Back
Top Bottom