A nightmare and excalibur mod :)

after hunting today with kap not sure she needs the extra help of a new heater , great find today kap, larry how are we going to keep up with her now? great job on the mods, see you out there soon D

It was a GREAT day indeed :) Should I post it? :extrahappy:

All three of my excals are set up right like that. So I can't really answer myself as I've never tried it 6 or 12 inches further. Seems super balanced to me where it is. Now you have me curious as to how it would feel further up...

What I do is put 2 fingers under the shaft and hold it like a scale/teeter tooter. The coil end should be slightly tilted towards the ground (like you are swinging the coil) right around the hand grip area. Under balanced will cause stress on your lower back. Over balanced will cause stress on your shoulder cuff. The balance point will change in the water.
The easiest way to think of it, horrible example, but here goes... you have to carry a large sludge hammer. If all the weight is in the head you can imagine the stress on your lower back. But if you could cut the head in 1/2 and out a section on each end.. I'm not too good at giving examples. 1 of the things I'm working on is a retractable rear mount where you can extend it to whatever length you want... and then collapse it to fit in a car. Business wise it's horrible due to expenses

You are just a month or two (maybe three) short on your estimate of how long it takes to get an out of warranty Minelab detector repaired.

My GT has been there 4 months (16 weeks) today and no estimate when they will dig thru the warehouse full and get to mine. Unfortunately every time a warranty machine arrives it goes to the head of the line.

Another guy had his Xcal there three weeks when mine got there and he is still waiting. .

What I do is put 2 fingers under the shaft and hold it like a scale/teeter tooter. The coil end should be slightly tilted towards the ground (like you are swinging the coil) right around the hand grip area. Under balanced will cause stress on your lower back. Over balanced will cause stress on your shoulder cuff. The balance point will change in the water.
The easiest way to think of it, horrible example, but here goes... you have to carry a large sludge hammer. If all the weight is in the head you can imagine the stress on your lower back. But if you could cut the head in 1/2 and out a section on each end.. I'm not too good at giving examples. 1 of the things I'm working on is a retractable rear mount where you can extend it to whatever length you want... and then collapse it to fit in a car. Business wise it's horrible due to expenses

Makes sense. If I hold the excal right below the pinpoint mod handle it's balanced.

You are just a month or two (maybe three) short on your estimate of how long it takes to get an out of warranty Minelab detector repaired.

My GT has been there 4 months (16 weeks) today and no estimate when they will dig thru the warehouse full and get to mine. Unfortunately every time a warranty machine arrives it goes to the head of the line.

Another guy had his Xcal there three weeks when mine got there and he is still waiting. .

When I went there with mine, they received 17 machines in the mail that day alone for repair. Insane! Poor guys :(

Wow! Yeah driving them down there and dropping them off don't help.

Dang Larry,,,,,,now there is no chance you will catch up to her gold finds,,,,,:laughing:thats a nice looking set up,,,,,just shows that repairs can be done without ML and with their current situation getting repaired machines back right now, gonna be many more people figuring out things and fixing their own stuff,,,,,,great work,,,,GL HH

I hope To move to Fla. In the future. I was thinking the Excal is the machine I'll be needing but seeing a knob guard is needed and hearing about the long Turn around for repairs is really giving me second thoughts ! Anything else I should know ?

Better balance

no stretching of the head phones, i got a 6 inch extension between the cuff and machine, on my Plugger CF 45 inch ps KAP you can move the handle bar up or back for better balance if OBN's PP mod, allows it, maybe JOE can chime in, is the handle adjustable Joe :?:

Attachments

• Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 001.JPG
    Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 001.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 97
Nice work! I'm fortunate to have someone that fixed mine up as well.

no stretching of the head phones, i got a 6 inch extension between the cuff and machine, on my Plugger CF 45 inch ps KAP you can move the handle bar up or back for better balance if OBN's PP mod, allows it, maybe JOE can chime in, is the handle adjustable Joe :?:

do you have a photo? still balanced well?

I like Lexan...... real easy to work with and comes in various sizes with a good price.

Wow, have to say everything looks sweet. SOOOOOOOOOOO now we know who to send our repairs to.:laughing:

Steve

With the 6 inch extension in the rear, i can say its balanced better than all my other 42 strait shafts , i really like it, William hooked me up, been dealing with Plugger since 2009, Earl PS Steve the photo is the post before this one :D

Last edited:

Yes the handle can move, but most shafts have the cuff in a set position.

Yes the handle can move, but most shafts have the cuff in a set position.

She tried it today and loved it. Appears I set it up right. But I think her lucky Excalibur she uses will still be her main detector until it breathes its last breath. Man that one is worn out:lol:

Ya

i figured that you can, if you give a little extra line in the kit, as far as the cuff, your wright, but you can drill a couple more holes, move it back, if you have a 6 inch extension like my 45 CF , Earl

Back
Top Bottom