Mr. Carrot spots a fishy story or perhaps just a fish.

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Dick was visiting the pier two days ago and observed a gentleman of about 60 years of age using what looked to be a toy metal detector around the dry sand. The detector was so small the gentleman had to bend over to get it to touch the ground. He had no digging device so every time he heard a target he had to sit down and look in the sand with his hands to find what it was.

Someone came up to this man and asked him if he'd found anything and the guy with the detector pulls out a diamond rolex and says something like "This has been my best day detecting ever! Just down the beach I dug up a metal box and inside was this rolex plus another expensive watch and a 2 dollar bill!" He then proceeded to show it to almost everyone in sight of the pier perhaps even using it as an excuse to sit down with the young ladies to tell his story.

It was said that an orange Garret Pro Pinpointer was also seen at the beach popping it's head out of the waves and exclaiming "Bull droppings!" before disappearing beneath the waves again. Perhaps he'd just spotted a Bull shark?

Now I'm not saying that a toy or small detector can't find a Rolex in a box, sure it can. And I'm not saying this gentleman was lying. I don't know, I was not there and I did not see him dig up said Rolex, nor did my friend. I suppose it could have happened. But I sure know Mr. Carrot didn't throw it up there for him!

Attachments

• Rolex.jpg
    Rolex.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
No need for a metal detector. My wife found this the other day. A duck was trying to eat it on the shore of a lake where she works. Found on a lunch break.

strick

Attachments

• 20170114_184756 (1).jpg
    20170114_184756 (1).jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 475
Hey, I wonder if the Rolex guy was named FL_Detector.......... Formerly CA_Detector....... ;)

Us OLD Guys can be a bit sneaky. He might have a metal detecting store close to the beach. Think of how many machines he would sell to the folks who just know that there are Rolex's all over the beach.

And he found them with a detector from Harbor Freight.

Hey, I wonder if the Rolex guy was named FL_Detector.......... Formerly CA_Detector....... ;)

hahahaha I was just about to ask if he also dug a 49g platinum ring and a tin full of morgan dollar and gold. (with mint luster no less) :laughing:

Next time

I'am sure the next time i see him , he will have some other fantastic finds or perhaps he will find the same rolex again with another watch and a 2 dollar bill all in a tin can , but i'll tell you he sat down with all the girls on the beach to show off his finds , perhaps a new type of detecting?

Us OLD Guys can be a bit sneaky. He might have a metal detecting store close to the beach. Think of how many machines he would sell to the folks who just know that there are Rolex's all over the beach.

And he found them with a detector from Harbor Freight.

That is what I was thinking! But we think moreso he was just using that ploy to talk to the pretty young ladies on the beach :) Smart move if you ask me :)

No need for a metal detector. My wife found this the other day. A duck was trying to eat it on the shore of a lake where she works. Found on a lunch break.

strick

Now that's just freaking awesome! Think I'll toss my detector and get a flock of ducks!!!

Giving up my big bucks detector for...

A supply of $19.99 detectors, a box of fake Rolex watches, some $2 bills, a gaggle of geese and just have a bunch more fun on the beach. Great way to meet girls, I'm thinking! (for you single guys).

A supply of $19.99 detectors, a box of fake Rolex watches, some $2 bills, a gaggle of geese and just have a bunch more fun on the beach. Great way to meet girls, I'm thinking! (for you single guys).

It seemed to be working for him :)

Back
Top Bottom