1652 oak tree shilling!!!!

Fantasamastic ! ( that mean good ! )

I'd be happy with a pine tree... but the oak is even better !
Wished I lived near a beach !

the only problem with this coin is there was no silver happy dance it was more like gab your gear and run for the truck. i wonder how other detectorist reacted when they found thier pine/oak tree coins

You found the ultimate find, BC. Might as well sell that machine now. :lol:
Congrats on a job well done! You deserve a trophy for that baby!

Attachments

• Trophy.gif
    Trophy.gif
    69.9 KB · Views: 895
Now I know for sure-as if I didn't know already-I have to retire in the Notheast! Awesome find! There was pretty much nothing here in Washington State then but Indians. Congrats~!

Great find - I just want to mention that Garrett is soliciting stories of finds in their newsletter. You should write it up and submit it to them. Probably details at their website. I think they give merchandise for good find stories. You should get one of those new pinpointers at least for this one.

Update - website says no remuneration given for stories, but I remember that the last newsletter did offer a gift of merchandise for stories that are printed.

That's killer! I haven't ever used my 9X12 coil, maybe I should get it out of the bag (although, not gonna find that one here in El Paso).

How hard is it to pinpoint with the 9X12?

Holy #&^*%*&^#%^$!!! Absotively fantastic! Huge kudos on a marvelous coin. Bet you'll be hitting that place another 1000 times.

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

The new issue of Western and Eastern are looking for your best finds of the year. They will show the best of the best in the April 2009 issue.

Wow!

Unfreakinbelievable! That Is Awesome Man! Wow I Woulda Dropped Dead Right There.totally Incredible!congrats! I Would Submit That One To Pcgs Grading Service And Have It Encapsulated! Once In A Lifetime Find!
Dave

Absolutely awesome, mind-boggling find.... you can bask in the thrill of that for years to come... incredible... congratulations... RickO

Unfreakinbelievable! That Is Awesome Man! Wow I Woulda Dropped Dead Right There.totally Incredible!congrats! I Would Submit That One To Pcgs Grading Service And Have It Encapsulated! Once In A Lifetime Find!
Dave

my cion guy said Pcgs would not grade it as it was a dug coin NGC will grade it though

Wow, nice find.:shock::wow: Are there even any coins older than that minted in the US?:?:

Back
Top Bottom