Four 1700s Coppers

GKman

Forum Supporter
Had a toasty day out there detecting. Discovered four coppers in a part of the farm that I normally don't detect. Since it is so far removed from most of the action. I dug these two KG's, a CT Copper and a mystery copper. There was some old iron, a pipe stem, one button, and a couple of newer buckles but nothing else. So, not sure if it was a home site, or a camp site, something temporary at least is my guess...
HH...

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 196
They are some great finds. You never know what your going to find or where you’ll find it. My two best site do not look like you would find anything at all.
200 or so years ago this was a very different place!
Nice job

Very nice hunt. Nice to see more coppers coming to the party. Sounds like you’re on to a new spot. Some of my best days have been at spots where it doesn’t look like anything ever happened. Nice job

Thanks everyone. Yeah CT. I had gotten bored detecting the areas I normally did since targets were becoming far and few between. I figured there had to be something else out there. I was pleasantly surprised to find these.
HH

Thanks everyone. Yeah CT. I had gotten bored detecting the areas I normally did since targets were becoming far and few between. I figured there had to be something else out there. I was pleasantly surprised to find these.
HH

Nice hunting, and it's nice to get rewarded for taking a risk on a new spot that could have been a bust.

Back
Top Bottom