• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

DFX Audio Threshold Question

CyberSage

Elite Member
The audio threshold is very distracting to me on my DFX. If I understand correctly it cuts out and goes silent when the unit detects something that has been discriminated out. Is this the only benefit? I really like the Silent Search turned on. Am I putting myself at a disadvantage if I am hunting for coins and jewelry?

Jack

Jack, in my opinion you are. I turn my threshold down to where i can just hear it. It doesn't distract me, and I'm still able to hear those faint whispers. But it is totally up to what, and how you like to run your machine.

hoser said:
Jack, in my opinion you are. I turn my threshold down to where i can just hear it. It doesn't distract me, and I'm still able to hear those faint whispers. But it is totally up to what, and how you like to run your machine.
     Wouldn't the faint whispers be even more prominent without the threshold hum or is the whisper a product of the the threshold setting? Thank you for your input Hoser! This forum is such a huge help to me.

Jack

One thing you have to consider. If you use threshold, and you are hunting an area that isn't to heavy in trash(yeah right :lol:) even though the machine is set up to blank out certain targets you will get a null in the threshold that could indicate a very deep target. When this happens to me, I switch over to all metal and make a sweep over the spot. I have found some deeper coins this way. ;)

Back
Top Bottom