Oh, this isn't my yard??? and that's not my name??--OOPS!

slater

Here's an article about someone who didn't get permission and paid the price.

http://uppersaucon.patch.com/articl...oking-for-loose-change-in-other-peoples-yards

Just another example of someone who makes law-abiding metal detectorists look bad. This is near an area that I occasional search in, but certainly not in someone else's yard, and especially not without permission. To top it off, the guy lies about his identity.

Another reminder to obey the laws and get permission.
Rich

I agree ...they didn't belong to him....it was theft. I absolutely detest what he did. My problem with word "stolen" was it was unrecovered lost items in ground. His "intent" wasn't personally directed at the property owner I can only guess. I do not have all the facts. I assume he was just moronic in his decision making. !00% agree it was a bad move.

All I can say is, "Wow." :police:

Do you think that pic was his XLT? Sounds like he was detecting an apartment complex. Wonder if he lived there?

Strange that he would lie about his name.

Thats funny. Surprised I never saw it on the news or read it in the paper. Its pretty local to me.

I hate reading stories like this.. because i feel it will cause more and more people to say no to people my age who do ask permission.

All I can say is, "Wow." :police:

Do you think that pic was his XLT? Sounds like he was detecting an apartment complex. Wonder if he lived there?

Strange that he would lie about his name.

Hey Carol, If they outlaw metal detectors then only criminals will have metal detectors! Apparently, White's is the preferred detector for hard core trespassers.

Quakertown

Fantastic ... this happened very close to where I live. It's hard enough finding places to enjoy the hobby without morons like this spoiling things for everybody.

What do you call removing things from someone elses property ?

+1

I am always amazed by the people who argue that they have the right to trespass, but ignore the additional fact that they have no right of claim to minerals/coins/artifacts that are below the surface of property that someone else owns.

Brian

We already have him beat...we actually ask...in britain for a long time and i think still goes on now are the night stalkers who detect in the middle of the night at protected sites, one reason the information on the staffordshire horde was kept quiet to avoid the pilfering detectors.

They really make a bad name for detectorists, attacking roman/saxon/celtic sites and holes everywhere, it would be like spotting them all over the fields at gettesburg....or little big horn, or seeing cameron near titanic with a scoop :laughing:

Wonder what the "old coin" was
Yeah I kept wondering that myself. The least they could have done was got the type and year of coin. I hope they prosecute him to the fullest extent. And yes it was theft plain and simple, Theft is the taking of anyones property, that includes what is under the ground as well.

Back
Top Bottom