old farmstead in the woods

seanprodanas

Elite Member
I was given info about an old farmstead in the woods that dates to the late 1700's. I was told this was MD'd about 10 years ago and gave up some early 1800 coins and some clothing buttons depicting George Washington. My question is , do I bother hitting this spot again? I did hit a spot that wasnt on the actual farm sit and came up with a few things, a late 1800's glass telegraphy insulator, and a rock with metal veins running through it (looks like a piece of Bog Iron to me).

Also have new info and location of old foundry where they used to make cannons and cannon balls for the revolutionary war. I know the spot that they test fired them to. That may be later today or all day tomorrow.

yes, hit it hard! just because it had been searched 10 years ago doesn't mean you'll come out of it empty handed... no area is totally hunted out.
good luck and keep us posted!

Pete

Wow, an old farmstead and a revolutionary war foundry? That just gets the old juices flowing hearing about sites like that. I would hit the homestead again for sure. Good luck and HH!

Back
Top Bottom