14 silver halves.

Corben

I work at a grocery store. And I have to admit I've brought home more silver from work than i have from metal detecting over the years.
Tonight a co-worker asked if I wanted to get in on this silver half thing. Some lady used ten bucks worth of half dollars to buy groceries because the coinstar counter kept rejecting them. I was expecting 40%'ers but there laying in checkstand 4 was 20 Kennedy 1964 half dollars.
One fellow employee bought 4. Two bucks. The only other one who wanted in bought just two. A dollars worth. That leaves me with the rest. 14 big silver coins.
So nobody wants any of these that are left? I asked .
Fine! I'll blow seven bucks for the rest. At six bucks a coin i was totally dumbfounded why nobody bought more. And everyone knew how much they're worth! So I traded the drawer seven dollar bills for the 14
halves. I paid 7 bucks for 85 bucks worth of silver.
It was a good day at work indeed.
I'm still beside myself why didn't my fellow employees buy more.
I guess that's why I'm thier boss.

Attachments

• 20170818_000125_resized.jpg
    20170818_000125_resized.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 808
I'm still beside myself why didn't my fellow employees buy more. I guess that's why I'm thier boss.

Maybe that's why they didn't jump on more of them?

Oh....and SCORE! (High five!)

Roger

Yeah! Thats a haul alright! Its a wonder how long (and expense) it would take a guy to find that much silver out detecting the wilds! Sweet!

Way to go! I was a meat manager in a supermarket for several years so didn't have the same opportunity, but my wife was a cashier and she too brought home a fair bit of silver!

Wow bro!!!! You must have did some very good karma to caught a break like that!!!! Congrats bro!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the age of your employees ? If they knew the value of the coins, why didn't they get them? That is the question. If they're 20s to mid 30s , they may just think it's old money , no big deal. Either way , Congrats to you. I'd be watching for that lady to come back into the store.

Either way , Congrats to you. I'd be watching for that lady to come back into the store.

KT gives you Royal Congrats and you got some nice employees telling you about the find! And letting you in on it!

As to the old lady, likely that was her entire stash....if she had dumped them at the bank coin machine, KT might have had a chance at them! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Anyway, tell the employees to keep their eyes peeled for other old coins!:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom