The White Whale is finally in the boat!

Congrats on the Slq and glad you were able to cross it out your list. What's your new white whale?

Thank you very much Jason! I'm sure you know something about white whales!
The next thing I'd like to find? There are SO many possibilities even here in southern WI it's really hard to say. There are 3 things that I'd be VERY happy to find...a Barber or Seated half,a BUST silver of any kind and of course almost everyone's white whale....a gold coin. With the good fortune I've had to hunt old places with great people I don't want to seem greedy. It's just that we as hunters are always looking to improve,it's a natural thing to want to move forward and achieve the next goal. This hobby has done a lot for me,it's as though I've found a calling of some kind...but then again who wouldn't want to go hunt for treasure?
You need one more silver by the way,in case you didn't know...;)

Congrats Kevin!!! Great job and I know it wasn't easy to find at the location you were at.

Congrats Kevin!!! Great job and I know it wasn't easy to find at the location you were at.

I'll give you a tip next time we're down there Wayne...;) and,we have to compare some signals to make sure your EX2 is doing what it should be doing!
It's hard hunting,you know it! Thanks!:grin:

Ahhh thats my white whale too! Good for you bud, glad you were able to cross that one off. Love those explorers. HH!

Thanks Jeff! We have VERY similar coin totals,types and amounts of coins found,machine used,difficulty in finding certain things....SO similar it's uncanny!
I do love my Explorer. Sometimes it's almost TOO easy. Not often,but sometimes...

Congrats Kevin on the long awaited arrival. You have put in more than enough time to have finally score one SLQ. I am sorry though it was not with me at your side. I have had little time of late for getting out as Labor Day Saturday was my last outing. We need a few good rain showers to put the earth back into better conditions. Again Kevin a well deserved recovery, hope you next does not come with such a wait. Trapper

Way to go Kev !!!!
Dry as heck here also . Spent the weekend shooting clad myself . Congrats on the silvers buddy and a sweet stander đź‘Ť

Slq

Congrates Monster. The first one I found, I was super lucky, it looked almost brand new. It was a 1917. I was wondering, is there three stars under the eagle on the reverse? 1916 and early 1917 has no stars under the eagle and lady liberty's right breast is uncovered. 1918 and later has three stars under the eagle. I have found four in five years, two with dates, and two without.
It took me over three years to find my first one, and I hunt alot.
HH everyone

Congrats Kevin on the long awaited arrival. You have put in more than enough time to have finally score one SLQ. I am sorry though it was not with me at your side. I have had little time of late for getting out as Labor Day Saturday was my last outing. We need a few good rain showers to put the earth back into better conditions. Again Kevin a well deserved recovery, hope you next does not come with such a wait. Trapper

We've made some VERY good finds together Trapper,sorry this one had to be a solo run! I can't wait til next season when you have the free time you've busted your hump for a long time to earn!
And you're right,things are DRY! Fingers crossed that this fall will bring the perfect weather and enough time to make some more great finds.
Let's think about that group hunt when time does allow...:grin:

Way to go Kev !!!!
Dry as heck here also . Spent the weekend shooting clad myself . Congrats on the silvers buddy and a sweet stander đź‘Ť

Thanks Brad! I'm glad Trapper and I were there when you found yours,I've thought about that from time to time...Ill think about it less now that I actually found one!:lol: I don't know why we haven't seen any rain but the static electricity from my boots is about to set my lawn on fire....
Hopefully you had some luck rounding up the strays this weekend,we should think about kicking a group hunt into gear pretty soon!

Congrates Monster. The first one I found, I was super lucky, it looked almost brand new. It was a 1917. I was wondering, is there three stars under the eagle on the reverse? 1916 and early 1917 has no stars under the eagle and lady liberty's right breast is uncovered. 1918 and later has three stars under the eagle. I have found four in five years, two with dates, and two without.
It took me over three years to find my first one, and I hunt alot.
HH everyone

Thanks a lot Hiker! I did not know about the stars and the nudity...this DOES have stars so it must be a later model...it has been STUPIDLY difficult to find but nothing worth doing is easy! I'm hoping to find a better one within the next 7 years or so....:lol:

Congrats! I can dig clad quarters all day lol. Those guys that just enjoy digging clad all day long deserve a reward!!!!!!!!! I hate digging clad lol so much so if I don't have anywhere to go for silver or old coins I'll stay home lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hear hear! Although I must say my detecting buddies and I once had a contest at a 1970's ball field area. Most clad $ found won a 30 pack which we all got to share. Was a GREAT time! Place was insanely loaded with clad quarters. Honestly, I don't think any of us went home with under $10. Then again we used that for the brew. Haha! Lowest amount got to be the DD. Win win!! 'Cept for me - the DD. :lol:
Oh, and congrats on the SLQ! Remember mine like it was yesterday. Still one of my favorites.

Hear hear! Although I must say my detecting buddies and I once had a contest at a 1970's ball field area. Most clad $ found won a 30 pack which we all got to share. Was a GREAT time! Place was insanely loaded with clad quarters. Honestly, I don't think any of us went home with under $10. Then again we used that for the brew. Haha! Lowest amount got to be the DD. Win win!! 'Cept for me - the DD. :lol:

Oh, and congrats on the SLQ! Remember mine like it was yesterday. Still one of my favorites.

Me and my buddies did the same thing a few years ago. It was a old high school and we all dug over 15 bucks in clad a piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Schweddy! I think one of my main beefs with clad quarters is that out of the couple thousand quarters I've dug,not one had been a Stander,until now! When it's obviously in the grass or close,the financial planner in me can't pass it up...:lol:

I never argue with an SLQ. Congratz.

Well hell,I've never HAD one to argue with,and I'm not going to start anything with THIS ugly ass thing! Thanks Tom. I don't even want to put a gold coin on my whaling list,but....I have to. Why? That way,no matter what,I'll always have something to shoot for. I'm not expecting to ever find one,but you know the drill...hunt those OLD places where those coins may have been....
Finding those places that also DONT have a billion items in that conductive range is the trick! I'm trying. What are your thoughts on that BTW?:?:

Back
Top Bottom