Might be time to look for a different machine

Beachscanner

In Memory Of
My Excal ii was purchased 4 years ago (used) and it has treated me well, however, the previous owner swapped headphones and did a real hack job. He cut the wires and soldered and taped them back together. after years of strain these wires have come apart. I did surgery by adding jumpers to add some wire length but I'm not really confident in long term success. Has anyone dealt with Kelly Co repair, expensive? Or should I just look for a different unit, I never go higher than ankle deep so I don't need a MD that can go 200 feet deep.
Any and all suggestions are welcome.

John

If you never go more than ankle deep I certainly wouldn't give up a good Excal. You should be able to find someone near you to rewire your headphones. OBN may help you with what you need to do. Or itsaring can give you some advice. There are a lot of good people on FMDF that can steer you in the right direction.

If it's still functioning, I'd use it till the winter sets in and the water is cold.

As for repair, just give ML and Kellyco a call.... wouldn't hurt to shop around.

Matty St Germain..facebook...does good work, in jersey ..close.

If you watch my YouTube get a hold of my friend Tony Eisenhower he is the best at fixing and modifying these machines he can Wire in some new fancy ones . He built my machine and I love it so much it's a excalibur sword with pin point mod and straight shaft and a new excel coil, it rocks !

Get in touch with Mal across the pond.He sells the CTX end cap for the Xcall.Its so easy to install a child could do it.Then you can use any headphones that the ctx can. Personally in my opinion his Surphones can't be beat.I wouldn't deep 6 your Xcall just cuz the headphones were hacked very easy to fix....GL

Get in touch with Mal across the pond.He sells the CTX end cap for the Xcall.Its so easy to install a child could do it.Then you can use any headphones that the ctx can. Personally in my opinion his Surphones can't be beat.I wouldn't deep 6 your Xcall just cuz the headphones were hacked very easy to fix....GL

Agreed on the surfphones I love mine other than being a little tighter than I like. I got the WM10 adaptor so I use em on the land to.

John....... id hold off and take a serious look at the new ML machine. Findmall has some info on it in the CTX forum. Its looking seriously good for the price as a possible water machine. $900 switchable freqs...... AND multi freq made like a deus.. LIGHT WEIGHT.... wireless/corded. IF its got depth and it should have sensitivity and is in the ball park of a CTX for capability ....... the CTX and most other water machines will be antiques.

Dew

John....... id hold off and take a serious look at the new ML machine. Findmall has some info on it in the CTX forum. Its looking seriously good for the price as a possible water machine. $900 switchable freqs...... AND multi freq made like a deus.. LIGHT WEIGHT.... wireless/corded. IF its got depth and it should have sensitivity and is in the ball park of a CTX for capability ....... the CTX and most other water machines will be antiques.

Dew

https://youtu.be/-yKHpUiHQZc.
Its fast as hell but what impresses me is when he put that big piece of iron next to the coins.If that was an Xcall and a gold ring you would never here it would be 1 big null.Even my CTX i would have to get lucky and pass over it the right way to get any good tone to investigate more...Looks interesting for sure...

Back
Top Bottom