Class ring and Gold ring from yesterday during Sandy

bottlediger

Yesterday during the rain storm while most in PA were off from work and had no electric I get a text from my buddy Rizar33 on the forum to see if I wanted to go Mding. At this time it was only slightly raining and temps in the lower 40’s, I had nothing else to do so I said why not.

One the way to his site I tell Rizar33 I want to dig a giant class ring today. Long story short 3 target into the hunt I pull out my first class ring! Couldn’t believe it but I knew it wasn’t gold, most likely stainless steal but still a fun find. It has the name on the ring so I will try to return it. No more than 5-10 mins later we cross paths in the field taking about the ring I had found just mins ago and I scan a target close by saying this one sounds pretty iffy but you never know. Turned out it was a sweet gold ring with 3 diamonds. 2 rings in 10 mins! I was in shock, we detected another 2-3 hrs in the rain with no other ring finds just clad and a possible gold earring found by Rizar33.

A great hunt to say the least. The first time Rizar33 took me out he got me a silver quarter, the 2nd time he gets me a class ring and gold! Thanks Rizar!!!

Attachments

• 2012-10-31 18.41.17.jpg
    2012-10-31 18.41.17.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 714
Very nice. I found a gold glass ring about 15 years ago tried to find the owner but no luck. It was 24k gold. Since I could not find the owner I sold it for scrap. I got over 200 for it. Just wished I could have found the owner.

That's awesome! Congrats on your first class ring! Did it have a name on it? I found a class ring, but it was such cheap metal it was too corroded to read the name. Tried everything to clean it.

Well that was worth going out for. I'd of loved to see Rick's face haha. He is a great guide to treasure that's for sure. Congrats on the great day.

Back
Top Bottom