FINALLY!! Old gold in the scoop

Hawkeye77

So last night, I set out on a late night hunt. My favorite new spot has been producing silver, but no gold. So, I visited a spot up the beach from where I usually hunt but have only found clad and trash. I walk onto the beach to assess it and spooked a couple that was frolicking:D up the beach from my location. They eventually left and I had the beach to myself. I settled into the grid zone and scored me some zincolns and trash. I covered roughly 200 ft of beach and then turned around and head back to where I started from. I then gridded in the opposite direction and found a Rosie. Afterwards, I slipped toward the wet sand, which is quite deep in some areas. I scored me a clad dime, and after I dug it, I went over the hole again and heard a faint mid tone. Two more scoops later and out popped my first class ring, a 1942!! My 18 month gold drought is over, for now! I amazed that I found the ring in the mushy sand, as further down the beach and up from it was firmer sand and shells. I went on but could not find no more gold. Found me two junk rings later and headed home to sleep!!

Attachments

• 10K Class Ring.jpg
    10K Class Ring.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 704
  • Class ring mark.jpg
    Class ring mark.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_20170410_124003955.jpg
    IMG_20170410_124003955.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 696
No better way to end a slow spell the a 1942 class ring!! Very Nice!!

No better way to end a slow spell the a 1942 class ring!! Very Nice!!

Yes, I am glad to have found it. Thank you.

Great older design there, seems like they just had more class in the class rings back then...

I agree!! This ring has a nice design to it.

I knew it! :D Great job congrats....... :cool:

Thanks! You were right on!

Very nice. Old rings like that always make me wonder if they survived the war. Humbling to think about. Something we will never know.

Congrats on the gold.

Yes, the history behind it is amazing. I wonder if it belonged to the sweetheart of a young Marine training for war?

Congrats nice golden scoop ! ,,,,,HH

Thank you!!

Very cool find- congrats! :yes:

Thank you. I am still pumped.

Congrats on the gold! Nice find on the Rosie too!

Thank you! I love finding the silver and gold.

Nice one. I'm still looking forward to my first gold!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Keep at it and you will be rewarded! I went 18 months in between finding gold due to excess sand and what not.

Congrats on the end of your drought cool ring
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Thank you!!

Way to go!!

Class rings are some of the most fun golds to find because of the dates....

Congrats!

<°)))>{

Very nice. Old rings like that always make me wonder if they survived the war. Humbling to think about. Something we will never know.

Congrats on the gold.

I was thinking the same thing......its a shame we wont know.....

Congrats on the gold!!!

:dingding: Beautiful looking oldy goldy - CONGRATS!

Back
Top Bottom