• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Latest finds: England.(12 photographs)

Doug

Elite Member
I managed to get into this field twice last week and twice this week although the grass is getting a bit long now after is was cut for silage.

Deus Lite with 11 inch coil, program Deus Fast but on 8 kHz's, V2 software.

Scale is metric.

Link to medal:

http://www.nijmegenmedals.com/home/4530577678

Thanks for looking...........Doug.

The field.
2i9pnpe.jpg

Just out of the ground.
2h5ogm0.jpg

211rtwn.jpg

Group photographs.
2w6cw75.jpg

7081l0.jpg

2u7suc1.jpg

2vl030p.jpg

23krf4x.jpg

An official Dutch decoration.

The cross is awarded by the KNBLO, de Koninklijke Nederlandsche Bond Voor Lichamelijke Opvoeding, or Royal Dutch League for Physical Education.

Prior to 1958, when it received the Koninklijke (Royal) prefix, the League was known as the NBVLO.

2irazhh.jpg

Livery button.
29crr0g.jpg

Edward 1st 1272-1307 hammered silver coin.
27yn1hd.jpg

30j0ile.jpg

Amazing Amazing Amazing!!
Did I mention amazing?
I swear I will hunt in England one day and save every little scrrap I find:yes:

That one "bullet" with the hole in it looks like a Roman Sling bullet, just read an article on it. I found one while I was in Italy in 1985, an eyeball find I never could find out what it was.

http://www.livescience.com/55050-whistling-sling-bullets-from-roman-battle-found.html

Thank you.

Should it be a Roman sling shot it is out of context with the surrounding history of no known Roman conflict in the area, thats not to say it is not one.

From previous finds of the same shape, metal content and size of hole it is more likely to be a loom weight?

....Doug.

Way to go Doug! Just remembered why even though i'm half Dutch I only learned like three words of it:lol:

You always seem to find the most unique and interesting things. And you always seem to pull out a hammered silver, congratulations on your awesome finds.

Thank you for your kind comments and views.

Mrs Doug and I had a walk out to the local fields today, yes I do live that close, to see which fields I can still get in to search, possible just about for 2 out of the 5 are still searchable.

Photograph number 8.

A small part of a cast-lead pencil sharpener of 19th century date (c. 1850-c. 1900).

Last edited:
nice uns

Nice variety of finds. My yearly invasion of your country starts in Sept and its post like this that keep me coming back! Congrats and good luck on the next outing!

Back
Top Bottom