E-Trac Grip Protection

JNimons

Forum Supporter
One thing I notices since using the Etrac, is how gross the foam hand grip gets, especially if it is wet or muddy. It's not easy to clean and ends up looking like crud. I was afraid to use tennis racket tape or such on it for fear of ripping the foam removing it . After receiving Choppadudes Etrac last week, I had to do something. He took way to good care of it for me to dirty it up.

Ended up picking up some cling sports wrap at WallyWorld. For $5 I figured I would give it a try. I wrapped the foam grip and was pretty impressed with how tight it seemed to stay. Choppa had full covers on the Etrac, so the battery case is immaculate also. I decided to wrap that too. I have about 12 hours on it and it seems to be holding up perfectly. No adhesive to stick to the machine or grip. Easy to remove.

A $5 roll will do 4 or 5 grips depending on how much you put on, and doing the battery case I think I can get 2 machines worth out of a roll. For that price I will change it out every month or so if it is needed.

Hi JNimons!! Looks like it might be the ticket!! Is black the only color it comes in do you know?

Black is the only color I saw at my local Walmart, but it looks like it is available in multiple colors.

http://www.andoverhealthcare.com/sports/cohesive_bandages.html

Definitely don't use that tennis tape from Walmart.I took it off my etrac foam grip yesterday,and the foam grip just ripped to pieces

I saw your post with the ripped foam. I was always afraid of that. Your post actually prompted me to post this.

bicycle handlebar wrap.

cheap, and any color / pattern / design you could imagine.

secure your final wrap w/ e-tape

Why do you have all that cord on your tdk headphone plug?...When I use my tdk headphones on the etrac I just get a small adapter and plug the receiver right in,no wire and the receiver is sturdy.

I really agonized over selling the E Trac but now can see you will be taking very good care of her. Thanks!

Thank you for selling such an immaculate machine Steve!!!!

Why do you have all that cord on your tdk headphone plug?...When I use my tdk headphones on the etrac I just get a small adapter and plug the receiver right in,no wire and the receiver is sturdy.

I wasn't comfortable with the receiver attached directly to the adapter for one. The extra cord you see is an inline volume control. Really cleans up the audio.

E-Ttrac Grip Protection....2/12/17 Update

Last May I started this thread. Today I decided to re-wrap the Etrac. Its been 9 1/2 months since I wrapped it. It help up amazing considering I have less the $3 worth of material on the machine..

Battery case was still perfect...grip area was pretty beat, but it protected the factory grip perfectly. Cleaned up just as good as day Choppa sent it to me!

2 things I'm doing different this time. ...one I'm wrapping so I can change grip without redoing battery case.secondly...I won't let the grip get so deteriorated before changing.... was hard to get off.

Last edited:
Ready for round #2....

I used 4 " on battery case....figured I won't have to change every time.... used 3" on grip...and will change more often. ..

Hi JNimons!!! i noticed in your last picture...is the Jack Daniels and Southern comfort needed to install the wrap? :laughing:

Hi JNimons!!! i noticed in your last picture...is the Jack Daniels and Southern comfort needed to install the wrap? :laughing:

First thing I noticed the too.....mmmmmmmm whisky. Find me a little Revell Stoke Pecan smoked sippin' stuff and I'm in heaven.

I got a cover off fleebay that AirForceMike suggested and it works awesome. I took about 2+ weeks to get it cause it came from he Ukraine.

Think I messed up.

I bought brown camo tape to match the desert. After reading this the memory of loosing my F75 in the brush for two hours is haunting me. Think I may invest in one of those tracking beacons you can buy now.

I've used some horse wrap that I bought from Tractor Zupply. It works out good but after a while it leaves a sticky resdue. I may try some from Walmart. Thx

I use the vet wrap from Tractor Supply on the grip of my AT Pro. You can get
it in different colors

Honestly...those are my pocket change jars......pennies in the soco bottle....everything else in the Jack green bottles.

I've used some horse wrap that I bought from Tractor Zupply. It works out good but after a while it leaves a sticky resdue. I may try some from Walmart. Thx

The Power Flex from Walmart left no residue after almost 10 months!. The 3" was $4.68, and the 4" was $4.98 per roll

Back
Top Bottom