Some help about iron audio on my At Pro.

Rawhide

Elite Member
Ok so I practice a few months in the local parks and think low tone means iron when i put the iron audio on. But when I get out to a old hotel full of iron targets, I get a mid tone when running iron audio. I was getting tone roll but was hoping to cherry pick.

Settings was pro mode zero, sens 3 notches from the top, disc at 28.

Is this normal?

I'll try to do an easy explanation.

With Iron Audio turned on.. your mid tone is extended down to wherever you have your iron discrimination set to. So for example, if you bump iron discrimination up to 20, then your mid tone will start at 21. If you don't set any iron discrimination and turn iron audio on, your mid tone will go all the way down to 0.

With Iron Audio off, then the tones go back to the normal ranges. This confused me at first because it seemed like iron audio was backwards when I didn't have any iron disc set. Turn it on, a nail became a mid tone, turn it off, the nail went back to low tone.

Hope this helps,

Papa

I run mine iron audio off, and no disc, nothing notched out, pro zero.. Those settings will allow all the iron to sound like iron...

A lot of the deepest targets sound like iron with a little bit of mid or high tone mixed in.. I want to hear everything and make the decision to dig or not, believe it or not, the best discrimination out there on any machine is your ears, if you truly know your machine...

<°)))>{

I run mine iron audio off, and no disc, nothing notched out, pro zero.. Those settings will allow all the iron to sound like iron...

A lot of the deepest targets sound like iron with a little bit of mid or high tone mixed in.. I want to hear everything and make the decision to dig or not, believe it or not, the best discrimination out there on any machine is your ears, if you truly know your machine...

<°)))>{

My thoughts 1000000% only real wat to be fairly certain that you didn't miss anything.

Likewise. ..swinging to fast and broad swings will also make you miss targets.

Zero discrimination and short deliberate swings to make a target talk to you is best plan of action. Too much disc and you omit some good targets.

<°)))>{

Exactly how I run my AT Pro. I want to hear it all and let my ears discriminate.

Back
Top Bottom