Trade in values

Aramisvi

I've been wanting to upgrade for a while, but purchasing straight takes a serious hit on the finances. I was wondering if anyone accepts trade in value towards the purchase of a new (or used) detector.
Has anyone else tried this route?

I currently have two Garretts... The Ace 150 and 250, both in good condition, and can post pics if needed for evaluation.
I'd like to upgrade to the AT Pro, or comparable in that price range or less expensive.
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

kellyco does. I have heard good things about it. I would assume you will more selling on ebay/forums though.

I will not speak for the dealers on this site, but usually the only trades they want are high value machines that are currently hot sellers. You can always sell your detectors in the classifieds here, and put the money towards your new detector.

Have a look at EBay and your local Craigslist for getting a price range.

There are always folks looking to get into the entry level machines or a back up.

Kellyco doesn't really accept trade in, they take the detector on consignment and the fee for selling it is 30%. Your much better off selling it outright here on forum.....

Thanks guys. That's about what I was figuring would be the case. I hit Craigslist all the time watching for deals in my area that aren't asking full retail for a used machine.
I'm not that savve on ebay. Mostly I see new machines at full retail when I search there. Didn't know if anyone did a trade in thing toward a purchase, hence my asking. Thank you all for the great responses :)
Happy hunting everyone!!!

Craigslist will allow numerous pictures and the entire ad is FREE. Granted, ebay has a broader audience but the fees really add up and it is full of used metal detectors. Good luck:grin:

Sell them on the classifieds and buy the AT Pro. I have also bought and sold on Craigslist with pretty good luck.

I accept trades towards new equipment and still give you great pricing on purchase.

http://www.showmetreasure.com/about-our-company.html

If you want an estimate on trade value with me. Look at recently sold in same condition on ebay, subtract 10% for fees plus shipping cost. You can also search classifieds for sold items and subtract 3% fees plus shipping cost.

I don't make money off trade resale. So you likely won't do better selling on your own but you never know. As with anything, mileage may very.

I did a trade in with Craig at Show Me Treasure and was more than happy. I think I recieved better value from him on my trade in than I would have selling on eBay one you figure the fees and all.
I would not hesitate to do another deal with him.

A problem he will face on the classified ads here is the 200 post requirement before he is allowed to post.

Back
Top Bottom