Merlin Nabs the Tiny Tiff! (Plus Bonus of Fine Felix Pennies!!)

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I went with my buddy Jim yesterday, (that had done all the work on my Excal), for a low tide hunt to a beach that I frequent as conditions were too rough to rough to go anywhere else. Jim had just finished placing my lithium battery in the new battery pod for me so I took my now 100% healthy Merlin for a test drive. I found a nice area near shore that showed some erosion and was giving up some crusties. I worked it for a little bit and then waved at Jim to come over. He was using his Excal with a smaller Cor’s “Fortune” coil. The area was not large maybe 40 x 10 yards but it was very target rich. I recommended to him to stay in this area and hit it hard that gold had to be there. I took off to work offshore and other areas for most of the hunt. The targets offshore were just not there and pushing Merlin’s coil through the water was tiring so I went back closer to shore. I worked another scallop with a bit of erosion just South of where Jim was working and stayed a bit. In the last ½ hour of our 4½ hunt I went back to work the area where Jim was and kept hitting targets. I knew I had found some silver targets but Jim was the only one to sniff out the gold, finding a small gold earring. Today I looked through my goodies bag and was happy to find that the tiny silver heart charm reads “Tiffany”. The bangle bracelet is marked “925” and the earring and ring I’m sure are silver but I’m not going to bother to clean them. I am now happy to report that Merlin’s threshold works as flawlessly as it should and there were no unexpected noises. On to the next hunt! :good:

Attachments

• 4-14-17.jpg
    4-14-17.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 4-14-17 Tiffany.jpg
    4-14-17 Tiffany.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 234
Nice hunt Felix! I've been stuck inside all week... started getting the shakes lol went out for a quick hunt on the bay this morning, no luck today, not even a silver.

Can't wait til this weather passes!

Buy yourself a CTX Felix then you can skip digging those pennies that have about as much value as a pulltab :lol: When Larry hunts with his he leaves them for others to discover :yes: When I read your post I swear I saw you had found a gold ring... maybe next time... good job on the silver...

You don't clean the black ones? Do they go off to melt that way?
The last time I tried cleaning a ring like that it fell apart. Somebody on here mentioned they send them like that when they sell them for melt. (Maybe Craig? not sure).

you will need extra postage to ship those felix pennies,,,,,:laughing:grats on the Tiffany piece,,,,,people pay bucks for that name,,,,,I flew over your beaches Saturday and didn't see you,,,,,;)seas were ruff,,,,they were ruff where I came from except the swimming areas I hunted,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom