Minelab Equinox 600/800 Rings & Jewelry VDI Numbers & Tones - Video

MiTreasureHunter

This is the Ultimate Minelab Equinox 600/800 VDI Numbers and Tones video covering Rings and other Jewelry.

I cover Platinum, Gold, Silver, Tungsten, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum Rings. Pendants, Earrings, and even go over various different style Pull Tabs.

A lot of time was put into this labor of love Test/Demonstration video and hope it helps out new Equinox users.

Make sure to also check out my video covering Coins.

GL & HH

Last edited:
This is the Ultimate Minelab Equinox 600/800 VDI Numbers and Tones video covering Rings and other Jewelry.

I cover Platinum, Gold, Silver, Tungsten, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum Rings. Pendants, Earrings, and even go over various different style Pull Tabs.

A lot of time was put into this labor of love Test/Demonstration video and hope it helps out new Equinox users.

GL & HH

https://youtu.be/P7345qtsc7s

FANTASTIC editing work! Showing the image of the ring in the lower right while sweeping the coil is awesome! Also, I noticed the editing and appreciate you cutting out the excess. Thanks for sharing!

FANTASTIC editing work! Showing the image of the ring in the lower right while sweeping the coil is awesome! Also, I noticed the editing and appreciate you cutting out the excess. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much for the compliment. I am a newbie at the Davinci software so its not as fancy or refined as it could be but it was to the fulliest extent of my limited software knowledge.

The sounds on some of the small gold mean you’re going to need to dig just about everything that doesn’t grunt at you.

Thank you for taking the time to make these videos

Thank you everyone for the compliments. I definitely learned I will be digging a lot more foil after seeing some of those low gold numbers. GL & HH

I played with my Equinox 800 over just two gold chains. One is 25 grams 14K and the other is 59.51 14K. both gave me a VDI of 8 balled up and a VDI of 7 stretched out.

I bet I will be digging a lot of trash to find chains and smaller gold. Will see what happens when I can get in my lakes on this side of the state.

Thanks for the video. It is what I suspected though. If you get a hit dig, no matter the numbers.

I played with my Equinox 800 over just two gold chains. One is 25 grams 14K and the other is 59.51 14K. both gave me a VDI of 8 balled up and a VDI of 7 stretched out.

I bet I will be digging a lot of trash to find chains and smaller gold. Will see what happens when I can get in my lakes on this side of the state.

Thanks for the video. It is what I suspected though. If you get a hit dig, no matter the numbers.

Yes. I had a small 14K necklace I tested previously off camera and it was ringing up as a 1(not balled up) and that was at a very close distance to the coil. Actually my XP Deus hit on it better. So like you said, if you don't dig every target you will not find necklaces because the numbers will tell you pass it up.

I noticed the solid vdi on the rings,they didn't jump like they do with pulltabs and aluminum bits and pieces.
I tested my wifes 3 gold rings and each one hits a solid 14!
Happy hunting.

I noticed the solid vdi on the rings,they didn't jump like they do with pulltabs and aluminum bits and pieces.
Happy hunting.

That is probably true. However, rings with broken shanks and chains still might give mixed signals. I won't take the chance yet. I am digging.

Thanks for the Video

I was looking for online vids to help me familiarize myself with my new Equinox 800, and found yours last night. Well done! Given how you did the testing, it was apparent to me that the key info bits you offered were to listen to and watch for the quality of the tone and the minimal number bouncing of the better targets. With that in mind, today I successfully searched for and found a ring that I had previously spent a couple of hours looking for, with no luck. It took a little discipline, as I found myself making excuses when I got a seemingly good tone, but the numbers swung high and low. So I dug a few screws and bolts. But when I hit the missing ring, I got the good tone, and I got a steady 9 VDI. When that happened, I knew I had found it, even before I saw the silver flash in the plug. Always a pleasure to find something for someone. Thanks again!

GL & HH

Very good video. Thanks for taking the time to let us hear the tones.
To my not so sharp hearing these days, I cannot hear any subtle differences.
So, maybe this is why I should dig everything over 1.

I am pretty good at recognizing bottle caps because of the iron content and real jumpy numbers. But with possible masking of nearby junk or targets, it seems to me you just have to dig all signals. However in a trashy park I can set up tone breaks to make the 800 a really sweet coin hunter and ignore most all other non-coin signals.

When relic hunting, pretty much dig everything.

Good morning, have watched your video a number of times and think it is awesome. Is your PDF still available? Also do you have any info on Palladium rings, I can't say I saw one on the video. If you or any other member can weigh in, it would be appreciated, as I am searching for a lost wedding band for a person. Again nice job! PROP

Happy hunting.

Pulltabs and crown tops have a flatter, elongated tone compared to rings. Gold hoop earrings will give you the same tone and vdi as shards of foil. Vdi's help but focusing on the tones will help you more, especially on the beach.

Back
Top Bottom