16 Silvers On Three Hunts includes a Seated CC Dime

I could only dream of finding 16 silver on three hunts! That is some great hunting! Coincidentally, the lone CC I found was also an 1876CC Seated dime.

Try to get closer this week and into next Trapper,I’m coming over in 11 days to help you get to the unfathomable plateau of 400! And of course to present the WOCC prize...:grin:
It’s just FUN to see what you’re doing...but I have to go to work now.:(
Sorry about the work thing Kevin. You do know I did that for an awful lot of years. It just tired me out. Whats the plan going to be for this get together? Sure hope the weather decides to cooperate. Be nice if we could get a group out for one time.
WOW Trap, Great hunts and finds. Congratulations!!!!!
All four hunts were fantastic Jerry, including the deer hunt. The shared hunts with Brad, Bret and Mike were just plan fun, cold but fun. the one by myself was just being in the right place at the right time. Now the Deer Camp was just sensational. Great scenery, fresh snow, good cribbage games and falling to sleep hearing just the flow of the river. Getting a deer was just icing. Trapper

Congrats on the silver Trapper! You found more in three weeks than I've found all year:lol: You're living large...metal detecting and deer camp!:yes:

Kudos to all the outstanding Pictures on this thread! I like that one that Dew took of you Trapper! Both flags flying in opposing winds! Chain link fence....Thats unusual and very thought provoking...Also, Is that a StumpJumper on your boat I see? Stumpjumper, MudBuddy, GoDevil, Heck..I've lost track of the mfgs...

I knew the guy who built the Stumpjumpers, I once helped him out a few times on delivery over at BeaverDam...I'm thinking of popping a stinger shaft drive in a boat someday..custom built boat Like a Robb White style tunnel Hull of some sort...with a Kubota diesel for the power plant, incorporated with the long drive stinger...I can see it in my mind...a guy cant run something like this off the stern, but sort of a center hull kind of coccamamie configuration it would work I think...:laughing:.
Thank you John on the pictures, still haven't got the one with the muskrats you requested. I like Dew's picture also but I wish he'd let me know what he's doing. He's sneaky. I get into what I'm doing a boom its posted to my surprise.

The motor on that 20ft is a 35hsp Go Devil. It is my hunting buddy Mike's rig. Its a great machine on the fast current big rivers and their tributaries. I own a 14ft Jon and have a 8hsp Honda Mud-Puppy. Mike bought his first from that dealer in Beaver Dam. Trapper

Last edited:
Congrats on the finds and on the nice buck you shot! :rifle:
Thank you Wolf for the comments. It was a very good week hunting coins and deer.
I could only dream of finding 16 silver on three hunts! That is some great hunting! Coincidentally, the lone CC I found was also an 1876CC Seated dime.
Appreciate the reply Jay, thank you. I have had a few really good weeks this year with the digging. Some pretty nice and somewhat old finds considering it is Wisconsin.Hope the weather warms a bit so the year can continue.

CC coins are just not common no matter where you live. Based on our finds I think that 1876 must had been a high production year at that mint. Trapper

Congrats on the silver Trapper! You found more in three weeks than I've found all year:lol: You're living large...metal detecting and deer camp!:yes:
Thank you Scott for the very nice reply. I learned a long time back that life is to be lived. You have to enjoy the experiences and to do so you need to participate. You can not earn your stripes sitting on the couch.
Crazy amount of silvers, you are having an amazing year!
Thank you, it has been a fantastic year Zee. I still hope the weather will allow it to continue as it be nice to tally a few more. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom