MineLab Pro Find 35 - Opinion

Metaldiggr

I just received a new ML Pro-Find 35. I've been hunting a park with tons of junk and thought it would be nice to be able to discern between junk and non-ferrous while pinpointing. I've been playing around with it a bit and it doesn't seem very good at signaling the difference between metals. I'm using a small bolt and when the pinpointer gets close it gives a solid signal. If I cut the sensitivity way back it will give a ferrous break in the tone.

Before I get it dirty I thought I'd reach out on this forum and get some opinions from ppl that have been using it. Do you feel it does a good job at letting you know the difference in metal? I currently have an orange Garrett, which I like. I'm my playing around with both PP's & the Garrett is a good bit more sensitive - not a big issue as I don't need 2 feet or pinpointing. I also have a brand new black Garrett still in the box. My original was defective and Garrett sent me a brand new one, in the mean time I bought the carrot cause I wanted a waterproof pinpointer. If the Pro-Find works well with ferrous/non-ferrous I'll keep it and maybe let go of the black Garrett.

Mine was hit or miss on the ferrous ID. Ended up giving it away and going back to my trusty Garrett carrot.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm torn on whether to use it or send it back. I think it's too loud... I typically MD quietly and avoid being seen. I cover the speaker with my finger as to quiet the carrot down. Not a biggie but I bought the ML for the ferrous option. If it's iffy with that there's really no sense of retiring the Garrett.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm torn on whether to use it or send it back. I think it's too loud... I typically MD quietly and avoid being seen. I cover the speaker with my finger as to quiet the carrot down. Not a biggie but I bought the ML for the ferrous option. If it's iffy with that there's really no sense of retiring the Garrett.

The carrot has 6 settings, the final three are vibrate only, so you don't have to listen to the beeps. I had a profind, I didnt like it at all. Minelab has some of the best detectors on the market IMO, but they need to step up their pinpointer game.

Just ordered a new Garrott Carrot from Bart at Big Boys last night. I have an older black Garrott i bought 8 years ago, and she still works fine. Never had a problem with it. But I figured it was time to upgrade to the AT.

Mine was hit or miss on the ferrous ID. Ended up giving it away and going back to my trusty Garrett carrot.

For me, the best pinpointer ever is/was the Sun Ray X1 that i used with the e-trac. But in the end, its added weight was its downfall. The Garrett carrot is all i need. Great pinpointer.
Still have the X1 for collecting dust.

For me, the best pinpointer ever is/was the Sun Ray X1 that i used with the e-trac. But in the end, its added weight was its downfall. The Garrett carrot is all i need. Great pinpointer.
Still have the X1 for collecting dust.

I used a Sunray on my old V3i. Outstanding! I wish we could get those for newer detectors.

I used a Sunray on my old V3i. Outstanding! I wish we could get those for newer detectors.

Yes..i agree. Sun Ray made some nice accessories.
Found lots of coins with the Sovereign XS w. Sun Ray DTI II meter setup. Maybe one of these days i'll dust off the cobwebs and take them huntin' again.

(Sorry didn't mean to hijack thread)

Last edited:
I got a Pro Find 35 a few years ago for a Christmas present. Still in the box. Did a few air tests with it, was not very impressed and as far as ferrous/non ferrous detecting only worked at about a half inch away. Heres the thing, if you have a plug open you should clear the iron in the event its masking a good target. I use a carrot and very happy with it. Good luck,Mark

I ended up using it a week ago. First thing I noticed was the Minelab was considerably less sensitive. The first hole I was struggling to find the silver. The second day out I took both and found I was using the Garrett most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom