Back yard farm finds

Jburkes80

Came up with a rings tone on the Ace 150 so I dug. And dug. Apparently there was a large piece of old farm equipment which came out at 16 inches that sounded as a ring. I took the iron disc off and it rang as both. Oh Well it was big but brittle. I did find these pieces just above that. One that looks like pottery. Another the edge of a plate and a thick piece of a glass bottle I know this is junk. But the pottery piece I would love to know about. Any ideas. It has ring pattern on outside and smooth color on inside.
3cd21febe00424d2218c2af29f0b5937.jpg
50989387ad96ca92408897eda852276b.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Yep, farms tend to have a lot of iron junk. Don't know much about pottery, but is the red piece what they call redware?

Yep, farms tend to have a lot of iron junk. Don't know much about pottery, but is the red piece what they call redware?
I looked at some pics of redware online. It does have a shiny glazed type finish. This is what it says.

Redware!is a hard, red stoneware that originated in the late 1600s and continues to be made. The term is also used to describe any common clay!pottery!that is reddish in color.!Redware!is also known as terra-cotta and was first produced in the United States in 1625.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom