a Civil War start to the new year ....

Xaquin

Elite Member
well, I went out after work and found more Civil War relics in one spot then I ever have ....

I once found 2 buttons and 1 bullet in one day .... today I found 2 Buttons, 4 Bullets, and 1 piece of camp lead.

I know there is something else there, but there is a huge tangle of roots in the way and I can't get through.

150253_10151305219728279_1202396684_n.jpg

479936_10151305219748279_299192762_n.jpg

oh yeah, I also found my first fake jewelry for the year and my first wheatie

481299_10151305219713279_923771480_n.jpg

aside from no old coins, it was a fantastic start to the new year =)

the flattened things are leftover Burnside Carbine Cartridges. I apparently found where someone got bored and fired off a few because I had found one earlier nearby and those three were all within about 5 square feet along with the buttons

the thing that looks like a hammer is definitely lead. I usually throw chunks like that in the recycle bucket, but since it was in the same hole as the bullet, I know exactly when it was from and that it is civil war related.

I found a site and that one apiece with the bullet caseings resembles a rifle hammer i have a pic of one but my phone is acting up and want let me send it.

I went back and got around the roots .... one more 3 ringer =)

that was it for the day though =(

I got a brass tag (8 sided) stamped "L 28" but have no clue as to its origins.

Nice relics! Are there any letters inside the shield on the Eagle buttons? Cant tell from the pic. I dug an Eagle I Sunday. You had an awesome day buddy! HH

Nice relics! Are there any letters inside the shield on the Eagle buttons? Cant tell from the pic. I dug an Eagle I Sunday. You had an awesome day buddy! HH

Nope, every button I've ever found has been general issue with the exception of one New York Regiment button

Back
Top Bottom