Central Park, Liberty, Ellis Island @ A ROD

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I have been in NYC on vacation with the family this week.:trip: While walking by Central Park I wondered how neat it would be if I could detect it.:saywhat: Also thought about detecting at the Statue of Liberty site and Ellis Island! :twisted: I was daydreaming abouth the possibilities one of these hunts would bring. :snapoutofit: In any case, I don't think I would be allowed and my detector is at home BROKEN anyway. :waaa:

Today, I went to a Yankees game with my son (his favorite team) and saw some history with Alex Rodriguez hitting his 600th home run! :clap: Awesome and magical moment. :confetti:

Back home Friday...NYC sure is special. :wave:

I have been in NYC on vacation with the family this week.:trip: While walking by Central Park I wondered how neat it would be if I could detect it.:saywhat: Also thought about detecting at the Statue of Liberty site and Ellis Island! :twisted: I was daydreaming abouth the possibilities one of these hunts would bring. :snapoutofit: In any case, I don't think I would be allowed and my detector is at home BROKEN anyway. :waaa:

Today, I went to a Yankees game with my son (his favorite team) and saw some history with Alex Rodriguez hitting his 600th home run! :clap: Awesome and magical moment. :confetti:

Back home Friday...NYC sure is special. :wave:
Central Park used to be open to Metal detecting. Haven,t a clue nowadays................

Too bad you didn't visit before the end of last year. You could have taken your family for dinner at "The Tavern on the Green" overlooking Central Park. No tourist visit was complete without dining there, preferably at the crystal room.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavern_on_the_Green

I had a very nice dinner there years ago, complete with the horse carriage ride to their front door. It was an incredible experience.

Felix, the homerun must have been fun. Baseball is my favorite thing in the whole wide world. I've been an assistant coach at KW high school for 20 years working with the baseball kids.

I can still clearly remember A-Rod in his rookie year hitting .357 or something like that. Too bad he joined the Minutemaid* brigade and soiled his entire career.

OT

*Juice

As much as I hate the Yankees, I'm jealous you got to be there for that moment. And it really is a great city to visit :yes:

That's Cool you were at that Yankees game!!!.........When I was a kid I used to live 6 blocks from the stadium, and would sometimes get in for free!!

I love everything baseball

A-rods 600th! the place must have gone wild. Been a Red Sox fan all my life, Since the sox have become "big spenders" I can no longer point a finger at the yankees and call them a bought champion team. I have quite a few of Arods' and Jeters' rookie cards. I also bought 2 boxes of SPs back in 93 and 94. The value for each box has fluctuated from 150 to 400+ dollars. I think I paid 60 cant remember. Anyway, 2 for sure HOFers in those boxes.
NYC, nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. I like small town Florida..gil

That's Cool you were at that Yankees game!!!.........When I was a kid I used to live 6 blocks from the stadium, and would sometimes get in for free!!

Don you would"ve been very sad to have seen the hole in the ground where the stadium you went to now is. :(

I've been thinking about Ellis Island. It was full of immigrants, some of whom had to hang out for a time, until they were allowed in or shipped back home. That place has got to be full of goodies from around the world.

Back
Top Bottom