Early 1900's permission = 4 silvers and some neat relics.

Waveoff

Elite Member
I had forgotten about this older home in town that I used to visit when I was younger. My mother is friends with the lady who lives there. So I asked her to ask her friend if it would be ok to hunt her yard sometime. She said stop by whenever I want! I took advantage of a break in the much needed rain this morning and hunted the front yard for 3 hours before it started raining again. The third target I dug was the 1940 GW...only my second silver quarter found this year. When it was all said and done, I had found 1 silver GW, 3 war nickels, 12 wheats, $.99 in clad, a general service button that appears to date from 1850-1875 (thanks to Digger27 for the ID!), a copper tag with The Lord's Prayer and 3 lead soldiers. I still have the side yard and backyard left to do. Hopefully more goodies await my coil.:)

gKZXZD4.jpg

Qa3NUtO.jpg

xBsoQmJ.jpg

X5Gi0JY.jpg

Congrats on the silver, Looks like a great hunt. The button is super cool. At last some rain to loosen up the ground a little. Finally got out for an hour last nite. I was starting to get all anxious, been a couple of weeks. Good luck and HH Mark

That's a great day any day all day every day!

Thanks! I wish everyday was like that!:lol:

Nice finds and cool on finding three war nickels.
Thank you! I get more excited digging war nickels than I do silver Rosies for some reason.:)

Congrats on the silver, Looks like a great hunt. The button is super cool. At last some rain to loosen up the ground a little. Finally got out for an hour last nite. I was starting to get all anxious, been a couple of weeks. Good luck and HH Mark

Thanks Mark. Hopefully the ground stays moist for us!

Excellent hunting! Congrats!

Thanks!

Extremely nice...

Thank you!

Man those war nickels are in great shape!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! They cleaned up pretty nicely after a quick ammonia soak. I was surprised how nicely detailed the '45 is. Here's how they typically look coming out of the ground around here...
YkMvgeg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom