Reasearch old ranch = fun relics

MTJosh

Elite Member
After pulling barbers at the sawmill site Friday. Went to scout a new spot I researched. This was an old ranch. Also in area my brother was drawn for deer so scout for deer and detecting. Only 3/4 mile hike so easy compared to sawmill site. Made it to the meadow and started scouting around. First best find was whats left of the orchard. Yummy apples. Great snack. Brought 10lbs home. The elk, deer and bear had trees pretty clean but up high good apples. Up in pine trees found the old foundations of the house and what I am guessing was barn. Pulled my first ever horse bit. It was just outside barn foundation so thinking they hung up tack on that wall and it fell off. Nice two piece bit. No coins this trip but fun relics for quick scout. Best was a henrys shell. Only my 2nd found. Unfortunately I guess roads to the area existed till 70's. Trash with many old school pull tab and older beer cans getting in the way. I will go back again and work areas I found targets. Another great day outdoors. This research is providing great places to go have fun. Hope to get out between work trips again before snow sets in and shuts the roads down.

Attachments

• ranch find.jpg
    ranch find.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 119
Nice find, those apples sound good also. I also have a nearby hunt site with a apple tree with a bumper crop always a snack available.

Come spring will see if can grow a cutting from it.

Back
Top Bottom