Pull Tabs can be Awesome!

Boondocks

Hey everyone, I wanted to provide a quick public service announcement and encourage everyone to hang on to your pop tabs and pull tabs. When my daughter was born we had to spend a few months at Johns Hopkins and unfortunately this was very unexpected. Fortunately, there is a wonderful organization called the Ronald McDonald House and they made the problem of where we were going to stay a complete non-issue. My family has really tried to give back and one of the ways is by encouraging people to participate in one of the RMH's main fundraisers. RMH asks people to bring in their pull tabs and drop them off, it's that simple. To give you an example, the two RMH's in Atlanta have raised $133,000 since 1998 simply by recycling the pull tabs and pop tabs that people have dropped off. Can you imagine the impact our community could make. Anyway, if you have a Ronald Mcdonald House near you (or send them to me if you don't) start smiling and saving those pesky pull tabs and CHANGE THE WORLD!!! šŸ˜ƒ Thanks in advance!

I will save mine for them i have been tossing them in the recycling bin wasn't awair they could go to a great cause

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I have saved my tabs for many years. At the school that lets me detect on their property, They have a PULL TAB drive every year. So for a year, I put my tabs in a coffee can. When they have their drive, I drop them off at the office. They are always happy to see me come every year.
KEN :D

i had no idea this was happening... i am so glad i read this and thank you for sharing this information with all of us...

i will save mine now... in the past i would just toss them in my recycle can... now i will make a new can for RMH !!!!

thank you

Do you know why they don't want the whole can? Seems like that would make more money. Anyway, I'll start saving mine, too. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom