More civil war relics

donbendit

After having some success on Monday I had to go back out to our farm after work yesterday and give it an hour or so, and see what else I could find. The spot I went to was in a bottom by some earthworks. As soon as I got in there my machine started going off. My finds included a small cannon ball of some sort, two big pieces of camp lead that you can still see traces of minie balls, five round balls, two Normal shaped bullets, both fired, one Has two rings and no hole on the bottom the other has two ring one bigger than the other and a small hole on the bottom. I also found a piece of wood with a minie ball stuck in it, three percussion caps, a shield of some sort and what I think is the hammer to some sort of civil war era gun. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 389
always love to see the cw digs. you had a great day. thanks for posting and HH blev

Nice finds. Im not sure on that hammer. It looks like its made of lead. I think its a confederate thing-a-ma-jig. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom