The Pharoah's Curse...and some other stuff

bearbqd

Elite Member
Through yonder woods, the silent deep. In nearby graves, the soldiers sleep. Through beckon calls, my detector beeps. And "Oh yeah, I got here in a Jeep!"

Back to that beep. I've pulled a few weird things out of this stretch of woods, including that door knocker looking thing with the guy in shackles. Today was just as strange. I found a piece of ground that has a good length of old trash dump/ fire pit. I started pulling out some melted lead and other melted metal. Just about every shovel full of dirt has broken china and very old bottle pieces in it. I had just fished out some of that metal from a hole when I see a little silvery disk amongst the dirt. Turns out its an 1889 Seated liberty Dime. Sweet! Not in great shape but its neat that I first found a merc dime here, then a Barber, and now this. Am I going to pull out a Flowing hair next? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, I start on about my fifth signal and this bronze square pops out about the size of a graham cracker square. I flip it over, brush off some of the dirt and there's a Pharoah staring at me. "What in the world??" It looks to be some decorative piece off of a piece of furniture or something. I know Egyptian culture was popular after King Tut's tomb was discovered in 1922. I wish I knew what it came from. I eventually found more silver in this small area-- the silver disk with readed edges in the one pic. I think it used to be a silver Washington quarter or Standing Liberty. The front and back bubbled from fire and no features are discernible.

The pic with the multiple items is from some of the 3000 acre property owned by the quarry that I have permission to hunt. Its all from an old farm there. Found my first musket butt plate in that pic. Not sure if its civil war or not. There was an encampment not far from there which leads me to the two civil war buttons. I found a little area near the back of the encampment where bulldozers had pushed up a couple of dump truck's worth of dirt in a mound years ago. There are little scrub trees on it and such. I found the eagle button on top of this mound. I started finding other old things including a lantern top, a 1906 indian head penny, and a harmonica read. As I made my way almost completely around the mound I got another good signal. Out pops a large Virginia Staff Officers button! Holy cow, my third state button in a couple of months and this one five feet from the Union Eagle button. I think only a Union Camp was supposedly here so I don't know if an unknown confederate camp was here, or maybe that came off of a prisoner. I thought, " Wow, if this stuff is on top of the mound, what else may be in there?" Needless to say, I started excavating the mound and plan on leveling it to the ground to see what else may be hiding in there.
Oh yeah, the lantern part also came from the King Tut area. It seriously has TWO wicks! I've never seen anything like it.
Sorry this is so long, but all this stuff is from three or four different hunts.

Oh yeah, as for the little heart locket ( actually its pretty beefy), I can't get it open but I can see in it enough to see that there is a gold colored disk in there but looks to have some plating flaking off so I don't think it's a coin. I don't want to destroy the locket by busting it open, but I'd like to know what that is too.

Attachments

• kingtut.jpg
    kingtut.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 230
  • kingtut...jpg
    kingtut...jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 228
  • kingtut..jpg
    kingtut..jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 235
  • seatedLib.jpg
    seatedLib.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 227
  • VAstaff.jpg
    VAstaff.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 224
  • meltedquarter.jpg
    meltedquarter.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 228
  • farm stuff.jpg
    farm stuff.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 228
  • unioneagle.jpg
    unioneagle.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 220
few more

Attachments

• lilbell.jpg
    lilbell.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 218
  • flowerbubbin.jpg
    flowerbubbin.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 221
  • giltedbup.jpg
    giltedbup.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 222
  • locket.jpg
    locket.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 223
  • dblelantern.jpg
    dblelantern.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 216
  • buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 218
some real nice stuff right there! general service button & a gorgeous early one piece button! I'd keep workin that area.the pharoh looks cool with the flashlight laying down shinin on it! ;)

Awesome

Awesome relics. I would love to hunt Civil war area. In the lower right hand corner of your display there is a piece of metal with a slot in it . Do you know what that is? I have found those and was wondering what they are ? Sorry to hi jack just curious . Very nice finds.

Hey, thanks guys. Fred that is a reed to some type of air blown instrument. It's different from a harmonica reed. Maybe someone else knows for sure. Thanks for looking.

Hey, thanks guys. Fred that is a reed to some type of air blown instrument. It's different from a harmonica reed. Maybe someone else knows for sure. Thanks for looking.

those are some killer relics, that pharoahs thing is very cool and ya gotta love findin a seated coin

Back
Top Bottom