Minnesota hunters?

SteveMN

Forum Supporter
Anyone from Minnesota besides me on this forum?  Looking for someone to hunt with just north of the Twin Cities.

I'm around central, MN but I hardly ever get the time to go hunting myself now because I work 25-30 hours a week.

I wonder if there are any other Minnesotans here besides us two?

Hey andrgo. First of all welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear you have not been able to get out much. Life can be very busy. As far as I know we are the only two from MN that are active at this time.

I'm in wisconsin about 3 hours away from the cities, not that that helps you at all...

I'm in jackson county wisconsin, right on I-94 about an hour down from EauClaire

I live in Minneapolis. Anyone out there who can help me...I am ready to give up on this.

quote author=pamela link=topic=4448.msg45350#msg45350 date=1164153644]
I live in Minneapolis. Anyone out there who can help me...I am ready to give up on this.

Pamela, where have you been trying to metal detect? I started out detecting playgrounds while my son was playing. Checked around all the swings and merry go rounds. These are areas that don't have that great of coins, but usually lots of them. Good practice before going after older coins. I dug up everything, just to get the hang of what number value my detector gave certain coins. Have you been able to get any help from where you bought your detector?

45 min W by SW of Twin Cities

Hello. I live in Norwood Young America, MN. I got a generic MD a few months ago. My brother in-law showed up with a 1300.00 Explorer and kicked my butt of course. So I'm now about to buy a Minelab X-Terra 70 in a day or so. If anyone is interested in coming out with me and giving me a tip or two I would appreicate it so I can show up my brother in law :lol: If it's any incentive Norwood Young America is host to Minnesota's oldest running festival Stiftungsfest. Should help with finding some oldies. [email protected]

Welcome to the forum! Nice to see there are some new Minnesota hunters on the forum. I live up in Isanti County which is probably a little ways from where you are at. Sounds like you have a good place to hunt near the festival area. Maybe we can all get together sometime for a hunt.

Originally from Norwood

I'm originally from the NYA area and as I remember it, Stiftungfest is German for "kegger". Anyway, I only have a $150 Radio Shack "toy" but it's been fun taking to beaches and playgrounds. Haven't found anything other than coins, Hot Wheels cars and junk. It would be interesting to know what you've been finding out there in Carver County.

I'm in MN too

about 10 mi SSW of MOA or 20 mi SSE of downtown Minneapolis. But I don't drive so anyone who wanted to detect with me would have to come here (AV nr BV border). Yes, I'm in a metro area of 3.2 million with nobody to detect with. My dad used to detect with me about 1976-1985 & we detected about half the towns within a 200-250 mi radius.

Now that driving is more expensive & silver coins fewer, most detect near home or at the nearest old place. If people live in N, W, or E metro, they detect nearby or go into Minneapolis or St. Paul. And people from S of cities not likely to want to come N where there's more detecting competition.

There's only 1 pre-1963 park within 5 mi of me & oldest school 1965. I don't mind just finding clad, as long as I don't look at others' old coins on forums. I mostly like detecting public property as I don't like to ask to dig up a stranger's yard. I've got research on hundreds of thousands of places public & private near & far but know I'll never get to 99.999% of them.

Lost Treasure site has long detecting buddies list, but they don't require annual updates, so the person may be dead, have quit the hobby, or moved away, so that's my excuse for not trying to contact anyone on there lately.

Maybe I will get the motivation to take the bus to some different parks here in new suburbia- at least I might get more clad. HH, George (MN)

We're in Isanti Co also.

I just got my first detector and have tried it in the Cambridge area. It would be cool to find some other people in the area to detect with!

LeSueur County

Hello to the other MN MD'ers on this thread! Located 15 miles West of Faribault.

Just getting started; mostly been hunting clad around the local area.

GeorgeMN: Well, how 'bout joining up for a "historic" place sometime on a weekend? Or, clad hunting would be fine, too. The Apple Valley/Burnsville border is not that far from Waterville. Maybe a ride for a dual hunt? <Hint>;)

Dave

I just got my first detector and have tried it in the Cambridge area. It would be cool to find some other people in the area to detect with!

Welcome to the forum arfive. Where in Cambridge have you tried hunting? I have not had time to hunt lately and the heat has been terrible anyhow. I can't wait for the fall to hunt without the heat and mosquito's.

Hi Steve

I have tried a couple of local parks and the canoe access to the Rum River. The river is very low right now. I have found only modern coins, mostly pennies. And fishing tackle! :lol:

I have tried a couple of local parks and the canoe access to the Rum River. The river is very low right now. I have found only modern coins, mostly pennies. And fishing tackle! :lol:

Hey fishing lures can run almost five dollars apiece! Glad to hear you are picking up some coins anyhow. What kind of detector are you swinging?

I'm using a Garrett Ace 250. Got some helpful info on using the pinpoint feature. Which should save me some time when digging.

Maybe when it cools off a bit we could hit a park in the area for a hunt. My time is very limited but I do manage to get out at least once a week.

Prayers

To all my fellow Detectors in the great state of Minnesota know that you are in my prayers as you deal with the bridge disater.:(

Back
Top Bottom